General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2006 Honda Accord EX 4-cyl Control Board/Blower & Motor Issue

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 06:16 PM
explorer6380
Unregistered
Default 2006 Honda Accord EX 4-cyl Control Board/Blower & Motor Issue

Bought the Accord Feb 2006 and currently has 36,000 miles (I know). I commuted from San Diego to LA 4-5 days a week for the 1st 6 months. Car runs perfect. Last week, the Heating and Cooling system would only blow from the defrost vents regardless of the setting, as well as it would only blow hot air from the drivers side and cold from the passenger side. Weird. Took it in Friday, and they said it had multiple computer error readings in relation to the blower/and control board (a $900 part), and that it would be a multi day project. Took it back in this morning and have yet to hear what the exact issue is. Now, the warranty of Honda runs out after 36,000 miles, and I do have an extended warranty for 5 years unlimited milage because of how much I was going to be driving. But it is still unclear whether this will be covered under warranty. My question is has anyone else experienced the same issue? If so, what was the problem with yours?

When the issue occured last tuesday, I was under 36,000 miles, but we could not take the car into the shop until Friday when the milage was just over 36,000 (maybe a big mistake). Anyone with experience had any luck arguing this point to the service manager if these parts and labor are not coveredby the extended warranty?

Thanks for the help in advance.

Old 02-20-2007, 07:07 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: 2006 Honda Accord EX 4-cyl Control Board/Blower & Motor Issue

The Honda service dept can and often does extend "service goodwill" considerations.
You should try to get to a dealership very soon; remember to try to meet the service manager and schmooze them a little bit about how nice the shop/facilities are; and how much you want to have your Honda serviced in a professional place,and keep it forever, etc. etc. "I loooove My Honda"

Old 02-20-2007, 07:29 PM

If that doesn't work you can always contact Honda customer service. They may authorize the repairs at no cost to you. Have dates, mileage, and all necessary information at the ready.

Old 02-20-2007, 07:33 PM
explorer6380
Unregistered

the car is at the honda dealer now so I am waiting to hear exactly what the problem is and if it is covered under the extended warranty. If not, I will try what you all said with the service manager.

Old 02-20-2007, 08:08 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

IF car has barely over 36k miles i would be shocked if Honda did not step up and cover it
Now on the otehr hand , if they knopw that you have extended warranty and it covers it,, they will do the work under the extended policy ( gets more monry to them ) ..if you have zero deductable than it would not matter to you either way........if you have a deductable ( 100, 250, 500. ) than you want Honda to cover it under their warranty so you don't have to pay deductable

but either way you should be covered ....

Old 02-21-2007, 03:22 AM
Super Moderator

Warranty mileage counts from when the car was delivered. If the car had 90 miles on it before it was titled, then the warranty goes to 36,090. Is that enough to cover it??

Old 02-21-2007, 02:19 PM
explorer6380
Unregistered

I think they marked the milage as 25 when I bought it. In reality, it was like 3. Regardless, I am now on day 3 of the Honda Dealership having my car (Last Friday, took it back yesterday) and as of this morning I have still not heard anything. I refuse to call at this point as each time I've called, the service gal has been the equivilant of a "female dog". So...I don't know what I'll do except just wait to hear from them. What sucks is they offer no loaner program for a vehicle so I am carpooling with my fiance, and we work nowhere near eachother.

Old 02-21-2007, 03:14 PM

I appreciate your lack of profanity (even though I'm sure it was warranted in this case) I'd stop by there and ask them what's going on, if they continue to be a pain the rear a phone call or letter to honda of america will light a fire under them (that's kind of a last resort but it's an option) I'm curious why they've had it for so long though..... troubleshooting that problem shouldn't take more than an hour....

Old 02-21-2007, 03:52 PM
explorer6380
Unregistered

my thoughts exactly! What could take 2 1/2 days to diagnos? And when I acll to check on the status, don't be short and rude and tell me that the mechanc is in there now and hasn't determined the issue. that was yesterday. service department has now been open 4 hours today and haven't heard from them still.

UPDATE: I left a message for the service manager, and received a call back about a half hour later from the gal I have been dealing with. She stated that she had spoke with my extended warranty compnay yesterday at 11:30 AM and that they would need to come and inspect the diagnosis before approval, which would take 24-48 hours. This also completely contradicts what she told me yesterday late afternoon that her mechanic was still diagnosing the problem. So full of crap. Never again will I go here. They did offer me a 1 day rental for my aggrivation however.

Old 02-21-2007, 06:40 PM

If you have a deductable that you're going to have to pay I'd call honda of america first and see if they will authorize the repair that way it's completely covered and costs you nothing (like desert said) if you don't have one though then just let them fix it and take it as a lesson learned

Quick Reply: 2006 Honda Accord EX 4-cyl Control Board/Blower & Motor Issue