General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2006 Honda Accord EX 4-cyl Control Board/Blower & Motor Issue

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 07:00 PM
explorer6380
Unregistered
Default RE: 2006 Honda Accord EX 4-cyl Control Board/Blower & Motor Issue

thanks guys, I appreciate all the feedback. After sorting through the lies, the final diagnosis was the A/C Control Board which is covered under my extended warranty through Western General with a $50 deductible. Is it worth fighting at this point? Who knows.

I am not sour at Honda per se, but if anyone on the board is from San Diego, CA I highly recommend avoiding Tipton Honda in El Cajon (suburb of SD). Nothing but lies and non-communication.

Old 02-21-2007, 08:06 PM

like desert said, they make more by using your extended warranty so that's why they went that route.... $50.00 deductable... My first instinct I say fight it and tell them to ask honda so you don't have to pay a dime.... HOWEVER, if I were in your shoes and that pissed off about not getting service and being jerked around by them I'd bite the bullet and get very upset, DOCUMENT EVERYTHING AND GET COPIES OF ALL PAPERWORK, pay the $50.00, talk to the owner of the dealership and see what he thinks of his service department, if he's a ***** and doesn't at least apologize if not offer to pay you back some of the money then get your car back, make sure it works, then, send a nice thank you letter to the extended warranty company for covering it, then send another letter to honda of america about the BS that happened, also send a copy of that letter with a coverpage that explains why you sent the enclosed letter to HOA to the dealership and watch what happens...

Old 02-21-2007, 08:14 PM
Super Moderator

Sorry to hear of the poor service from the dealer; but I would ask you to consider this;
If you get a survey card in the mail, and mark anything but excellent, the survey will count as a "failure".
Here's the kicker, the Service Writer/Advisor that failed at communications, won't get a pay cut, the Service Manager won't get a pay cut, But the tech that worked on the car will suffer financiallyfrom the bad survey,
some dealerships cut the techs pay as much as a dollar an hour for bad surveys.
This is part of the reason the 'top' techs are leaving the dealers.

Old 02-21-2007, 08:42 PM

I wasn't aware that they were working like that now, good to know..... that's why when people **** me off I speak to the owner, if they want to be ****** about it I go after the dealership as a whole through honda....

Old 02-21-2007, 08:46 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

find another dealer.....and let HOA know about your experience with this one....

Old 02-21-2007, 08:49 PM
explorer6380
Unregistered

very good stuff to know hondadude. Will keep that in mind if I do get a survey as it is not the mechanics fault, it would be the service writer. As a result, I did call Honda Customer Service in Torrance this afternoon to register a complaint against the dealership and the service writer and manager as well as to request honda cover the repair of the control board. I certainly hope this doesn't effect the mechanic as they had nothing to do with this situation. They claim to have opened a claim to be sent to the Regional Manager to which I will hear back within 48 hours after taking my comments to the dealership for review.

Old 02-26-2007, 03:44 PM
explorer6380
Unregistered

Well, I can officially say that this was my first Honda and will also be my last Honda vehicle. I still do not have my car back..and am still trying to get it back. The repairs were complete on Fiday, but when I went to try and pick up my car they would not release it to me sicne the extended warranty company had not paid. After raising a **** storm in the service department and realizing I was not going to be getting my car that day I left. Come to find out this morning that they have been faxing the estimate forms and not the actual bills for parts and labor so they will not pay until that is received. Had they picked up the phone and maybe called the payables department at the warranty office, they could have found this out earlier. I'm just done. When I left a message for the service manager last week I got a call back from the service agent I had been dealing with who I did not want to talk to, and when I left a message for the GM this morning, I got a return call from the service manager who claims none of this is their fault.

Oh, and I was told by the "service" agent on Saturday that had I just used Honda Care for my warranty it wouldn't be a problem. Listen honey, when they gave me warranty options when I bought the car, they gave them in terms of years and mileage, not by providor. I had know idea my warranty was through an outside vendor untilI had a problem. Regardless, it is your vendor that Honda chose, so you deal with them. Now give me my god damn car!