General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 Accord Battery Not Maintaining Charge

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 11:09 PM
Angry 2007 Accord Battery Not Maintaining Charge

I am the owner of a 2007 Honda Accord Coupe and I have been having issues with the battery not maintaining its charge.

As I live close to my office, the car often sits for days in a heated parkade before being used. (usually about 4 days without being started). Shortly after purchasing the car it sat without being started for about a week. When I went to use my car, the battery was completely dead. I figured I left an interior light on or a car charger plugged in.

This happened again a few weeks later after the car sat for 3 days. Since the car was under warranty I brought it in for service and was told I needed to replace the battery.

I replaced the battery and the car was good for about a month, when it did it again. The car sat for 4 days and again the car was completely dead.

In a year I am now on my third battery, and have had two mechanics tell me there is nothing wrong with the car. The trunk light and the glove box light have been checked, and neither are the problem.

Has anyone else encountered a similar issue? Is there something that is drawing from the battery that everyone else seems to be missing?

Thanks so much and any advice is appreciated!

Last edited by reneeleve; 10-28-2010 at 11:15 PM.
Old 10-28-2010, 11:42 PM
Administrator

There is deffinatly something wrong with your car..you are having a serious drain on the battery..get a 12volt probe and start checking every wire for a leak..it's one heck of a job to do..but that's where to start..start with all light sockets out side of the car where rust forms...

WheelBrokerAng