General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 accord light pulsating wholes system help

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2019, 06:00 AM
Default 2007 accord light pulsating wholes system help

hi all new to hondas my friend has a problem with lights flickering pulsating this includes all lights front and back she said it also feels like the engine is holding back somtimes when driving it ,i asked how long and she said about a month so i checked the alternator voltage at idle it reads a between 14.4- 15.3 is this normal what i can say is the dimming and brighting of the lights changes as the voltage changes ive had a read on forum but cant decide if it could be alternator or eld what checks can i perform for direction i dont wanna be a parts changer lol, any help appreciated thanks

Old 11-24-2019, 07:30 AM

2.2 diesel 07 plate ....... would a weak belt tensioner cause this issue ..... alternator test on DC out and AC normal ranges bbut im not sure as i believe the set up on these cars have a high and low charge rate controlled by PCM

Old 11-24-2019, 10:41 AM
Super Moderator

Does the charging/battery light turn on when the engine is running?

I'm looking through the manual for a gasoline 2.2L accord. The troubleshooting section says to warm up the engine then hold at 2000 rpm. If the voltage is over 15.1, then replace the alternator. If you replace the alternator, I'd recommend a Denso alternator or take your alternator to a reputable rebuild shop. The box-store brands are hit and miss and seem to have a short lifespan and/or a high failure rate out of the box.

Before testing, disconnect the battery and clean the connections and the battery posts to ensure a good contact. I'd also clean all ends of the battery cables. With the battery disconnected, I would also unplug the alternator. See if you have any corrosion on the 4-pin connector. Also remove the larger charging wire that should be connected with an eyelet on a bolt. Clean that up as well. I use a wire brush or sandpaper to clean up connections.

You can troubleshoot battery cables by doing a voltage drop test on wires while the engine is running with any volt meter. Just have the meter on both ends of a wire, and the voltage across a good wire should be close to zero when you have current running through it.

I'd also recommend running through the fuses with a test light to see if you have any blown fuses. There are some good youtube videos on how to do this. With a test light, you can run through all the fuses very quickly with the key in the II position.