General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 accord power windows

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2009, 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by JimBlake
Is the clicking loud or soft?

What I'm getting at, if it's loud maybe the window motor is trying to operate but the window glass is stuck.
If it's soft, then maybe the limit switch (pinch-protection) that's supposed to stop the window, is shutting off the window incorrectly.

I'm mostly trying to get information for other guys to help. I've never had to dismantle the window motors in MY Accords.
I'd hate to think all 3 windows are stuck. I called several Honda dealerships today and 2 of the service techs guessed problem with master switch. (I assume master switch is my switch on driver door, but not sure) I am a smoker and with window cracked, I've had some rain hit my switch, but dang if a little drizzle will screw up that switch that easily, and why does my window still operate.

I don't know how to describe the sound, it just sounds like a relay in each of the doors.

I do want to add, it hasn't rained in a while, so I don't want to have someone instantly think that's what it is.

Last edited by drugrep; 09-05-2009 at 02:21 PM.
Old 09-05-2009, 03:01 PM
Default problem solved.

I solved my problem and it only cost me $103 dollars.

The master switch is really touchy. Just a little water and it malfunction. I took a chance and ordered the master driver side switch which cost me $103. Once I replaced it everything work like normal again. You don't even how to remove the whole door panel either.

But you have to reprogram the auto window open and close and reprogram your key to work wit the new switch.

All instruction can be found on forums and owner manual.

Old 10-12-2009, 03:48 PM
Default 3 power windows not working on 07 Accord SE

Same symptoms: driver window works, but only hear soft clicks from all 3 windows when I attempt to lower any of them.

Dealer diagnosed this as faulty master switch, and wants $300+C to replace.
Think I'll just buy the switch - what's involved in installing it?

Also, is there a replacement part that's does not have this vulnerability to water?

Old 01-17-2010, 11:37 AM

Anymore updates, may accord 07 now has the same issue with only the driver window working and the others are not. Hear the click, just no up or down movement. I took the switch out, real easy, just pop-up the plastic trim around the window switches and the entire unit comes out. A couple of screws and pull the connection plugs. I cleaned mine out and replaced it, but it still does not work.

Old 01-18-2010, 07:41 AM
Super Moderator

There's multiplexers that handle some of the controls for windows & locks & stuff. Look for a post about resetting the multiplexer. I think the procedure is something like setting the intermittent wipers to the middle position before turning on the car.

Old 05-28-2010, 06:34 PM

Just acquired an '07 Accord EXL with the same issues. Only the drivers window goes up or down. The others do nothing except for the slight click that is heard when the buttons on the master are pressed. Pulled mine apart (very simple), discovered evidence of water, ordered a new master. Wish me luck! By the way, the cheapest replacement I found was at G1 Parts. I'll re-post once I find out if this solves it.

http://www.g1parts.com/ACCORD_HYBRID...50-sda-a14.htm

Old 05-30-2010, 03:54 PM
Default Power window switch replacement

Replacing the switch block fixed the window problem I described above.
The switch block also has the receiver for the keyless entry, so you'll
need to set it to recognize your key.

I found a procedure for doing this elsewhere online. After a bit of experimenting, it worked.
(I don't have the URL handy, but the search engines should locate it).

My only remaining beef is that Honda should fix the power windows so they open first thing on winter mornings.
Subaru, Toyota, and Mazda seem to be able to do this, but my Accord's won't open until the heater warms them up.

Old 08-01-2010, 08:40 PM
Default Same problem but with ONLY one window

My front passenger window is not rolling down, just clicking can be heard when button pushed. Checked the voltages on the window motor connector and there is 12V coming to the motor, so I'm guessing my master switch is OK.... How could I determine for sure what part do I need - new motor or master switch...??

Old 08-02-2010, 04:49 PM
Default Same problem but with ONLY one window

hondadj, you mentioned there is 12V at the connector. This means you must have a meter handy. I would try ohming the motor leads and see if the motor is open (should read OL if it's open), otherwise if you measure a resistance (e.g. 16 ohms), then compare to the resistance of the driver's side motor. If they match then I doubt it's the motor. If it was shorted (0 ohms), then I would think it would blow the fuse right away and you wouldn't be getting the 12V you mentioned.

Old 08-04-2010, 08:09 AM

Thanks Trav! Yeah, I measured the resistance between two motor pins and it showed open circuit, so I guess I'll go ahead and get new motor regulator. Does anyone have an instruction on how to remove/install new regulator?