General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2008 coupe EX4 cyl CrankShaft Position sensor

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2018, 02:44 AM

Did you figure out what the problem was? I'm suffering with the same issue. Please help.

Old 02-25-2019, 09:30 AM

2009 Honda Accord EX 4 cylinder.

Has anyone got any more information on this maddening problem? I too have intermittent cranking issue, where it takes 4-5 seconds to fire,
and then the Malfunction Indicator Lamp comes on, as well as the VSA light. I take it into my Honda mechanic and the diagnostic code
is P0339, P0302, P0303. He has already installed two new crankshaft sensors, and reset the software. It's running now, but I'm sure it
will happen again.

I used to work in software development, and am familiar with the trial and error method of debugging a software issue. Please do not
offer any "possible" areas to look into. I am only seeking a definite solution from a Honda owner who was able to finally solve this
hideous problem.

Thanks.
​​​​​​​.

Old 02-25-2019, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Nick Bhadania
Did you figure out what the problem was? I'm suffering with the same issue. Please help.

I"m editing this post, so there are no phone numbers on here. Please send a PM through this site to exchange contact information.

Last edited by PAhonda; 02-25-2019 at 07:00 PM.
Old 01-31-2020, 12:17 AM
Default Need help please

Originally Posted by dahd00d

I"m editing this post, so there are no phone numbers on here. Please send a PM through this site to exchange contact information.
hi just seeing if you figured out what the problem is. I’m dealing with the exact same thing and it’s driving me nuts. I just changed the starter straight from Honda to see if that would fix it and it didn’t. If you can please email me any info on how to fix this please.

Last edited by PAhonda; 08-20-2020 at 02:32 PM.
Old 05-04-2020, 08:32 PM
Default Crankshaft position sensor replacement manual relearn?

Crankshaft position sensor replacement issue. Car= Accord coupe 2009 2.4l 4 cylinder. Intermittent cranking issues/slow to start. Tested battery came back bad. Warrantied at walmart but their automotive section staff have been reallocated to stock and clean the store die to coronavirus pandemic... or some corporate money saving b.s. like that... before I had time to replace battery intermittent start issues progress to one final "long long" crank, ignition fire, start, check engine light on along with the accompanying vs light (by default evidently), drove to autozone in limp home mode (not smart I know, didn't have resources for another option), check engine light begins to flash, arrive and plug up diagnostic scan tool the code thrown... p0338 or p0339 something I cant remember... but the meaning of it is crankshaft position sensor was bad per autozone diagnostic tool printout. Replaced the crankshaft position sensor per Haynes manual instructions minus the relearn procedure due to lack of scan tool. Diaconnected battery to reset check engine light and codes. Started and let idle with accessories off for 15 minutes because that was the instructions for an idle relearn procedure for the intake manifold. No clue if this will also work for the crankshaft position sensor relearn procedure. Does anyone know if there is a manual relearn procedure since I'm seeing it's not "plug and play" like my old toyota. From reading this thread tho I'm hoping/wondering that the relearn procedure will even solve my issue... or if it will instead be the first step of many to finding a solution...

Old 05-04-2020, 08:36 PM

Pm your number and we’ll see what todo

Old 08-20-2020, 11:45 AM
Default Same problem with my 08 Honda Accord

I am sure your problem has been resolved. I am having the same issue. Would you let me know how was it fixed?

Originally Posted by pianoman
Honda Accord EX 4 cylinder.

Has anyone got any more information on this maddening problem? I too have intermittent cranking issue, where it takes 4-5 seconds to fire,
and then the Malfunction Indicator Lamp comes on, as well as the VSA light. I take it into my Honda mechanic and the diagnostic code
is P0339, P0302, P0303. He has already installed two new crankshaft sensors, and reset the software. It's running now, but I'm sure it
will happen again.

I used to work in software development, and am familiar with the trial and error method of debugging a software issue. Please do not
offer any "possible" areas to look into. I am only seeking a definite solution from a Honda owner who was able to finally solve this
hideous problem.

Thanks.

Old 05-11-2021, 12:56 PM
Default Crank shaft

I am having a same problem . I replaced starter with original part but didn’t solve the problem. Any help will appreciate

Old 05-15-2021, 07:50 PM

Did you ever get it fixed having the same problems

Old 05-17-2021, 08:06 PM

i have not fixed it yet . i got a new battery , replaced ignition coils and spark plugs .but i am still having a same problem . it is driving me crazy .one day its staring right up with no problem. next day it cranking forever and engine light coming up when it s start up
here is an update : i put a new battery on my key fob Still randomly having a same problem . I decided to replace my crank shaft sensor again since i bought it from autozone ( duralast) with life time warranty . When i took it out i was like lets put the old one back in just to see what is gonna happen . In my surprise the car start right up with no problem . It s been 2 days that i am driving it with the original sensor that cause me problem on the first place . So , i guess the crank shaft sensor code doesn’t mean bad sensor at all . I still don’t know what caused the problem since i replaced so many parts . But it wasn’t the sensor for sure

Last edited by Hamid Pirnajmedin; 06-04-2021 at 03:31 PM.

Quick Reply: 2008 coupe EX4 cyl CrankShaft Position sensor