General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2008 Honda Accord radio/climate display issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2018, 03:15 PM
Exclamation 2008 Honda Accord radio/climate display issues

As of last night, my car radio/climate display has been working absolutely fine. I get into my car this morning and turn the ignition on and the far right 1/2 to 1/3rd radio/climate display is all jumbled. I put the radio into diagnostic mode to check the LCD display and it doesn't seem as if there are any problems. I've pulled the battery, cleaned posts/connectors, fuses checked, etc. Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this all the sudden and have any idea as to fixes?

Old 07-29-2018, 03:43 PM
Super Moderator

Is the problem just the display? Does the radio play music through the speakers? Heat and a/c controls work?

Old 07-29-2018, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by PAhonda
Is the problem just the display? Does the radio play music through the speakers? Heat and a/c controls work?
As of right now, it’s just the display. I just can’t figure out if it’s an electrical problem or simply just a display problem. If it’s just display I won’t worry too much about it being a must fix right now. Just not sure why it happened overnight with no previous symptoms.

Old 07-30-2018, 12:09 AM
Super Moderator

It is likely a problem inside the stereo dealing with the display. You might want to search the web or youtube to see if anyone has run across this problem and possibly came up with a fix.

If it was an external wire or voltage problem, more items would not function.

Old 07-30-2018, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by PAhonda
It is likely a problem inside the stereo dealing with the display. You might want to search the web or youtube to see if anyone has run across this problem and possibly came up with a fix.

If it was an external wire or voltage problem, more items would not function.
I’m hoping it’s just a display problem. Also hoped maybe someone around here had the same issue and knew something. I didn’t find much searching except people said the repair cost was anywhere from 300-500 dollars at the dealership.