General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2010 Accord manual 4 speed: Buzzing rattling symphony inside

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2015, 01:03 PM
Default 2010 Accord manual 4 speed: Buzzing rattling symphony inside

I have never owned a car with so many buzzesand rattles. At first I thought I hadthe infamous back sill rattles, but I dont think it the sill Im hoping that some of these noises are knownand fixable without a trip to dealer (where thye never seem to be able toreplicate the noise).

Figured out the first one. Was a definite knock/rattle up front thatturned out to be the right pivot point for the sunglass holder in the topconsole. Crammed a heavy piece of paperin the opening when closed and noise went away. Phew. Few others still present, couple of whichallude me as sound is so elusive in a car:

1. Passenger and rear driver side doors. Pretty sure these rattles (worse when cool/cold) are the doorhandles. When rattling if I reach overand press on the silver door latch it stops. Anyone device best fix for this?

2. Mystery upper back rattles. Thesewere the ones that I thought were the back window sill with known fixes. But when I had someone in back seat they saidit wasn't coming from sill/back window area. They seemed to think that it was top upper parts of back windows. Maybe the trim on the window channelitself? Thought someone on forumsmentioned that. Also at times soundslike pillar area where the seat belt adjusters are, but touching andmanipulating seat belt components in that pillar doesn't change anything.

3. Slight rattling that seems to come from sun roof area. Again, cant make it stop by touching any ofthe sun roof cover or components. Mat beanother part of the lights/sunglass/sunroof control console area rattling.

4. Left vertical front window pillar cover onleft front pillar airbag rattles at times. That one does stop when touching it. But being an airbag component I suspect Im not allowed to tamper withthat area?

Any insight to help quiet my world would beappreciated. Really surprised at thelack of interior quality in this vehicle.