General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Crosstour Maintenance Minder Interpretation

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 06:36 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default 2010 Crosstour Maintenance Minder Interpretation

I'm looking at the maintenance schedule for my 2010Crosstour I just picked up and I need to figure out what to do at 30,000 miles.

The schedule does not show the miles for each item, it justtells me to do A1, B1, A2, etc, as the car tells me.

My problem is that I have no idea what was done and what wasnot done to this car and if the Maintenance Minder was reset properly or not.

So I want to give it a 30,000 mile service, but I can’t figureout what should be done.

My specific questions are:
1) Doesanyone know how to convert A1, etc to miles?
2) Howoften should these fluids be replaced?
a. Transmission
b. Differential
c. Transfercase
3) Howoften to replace spark plugs?
4) Howoften to replace the coolant
5) Howoften to replace the timing belt
6) Howoften to adjust valves

Does anyone have documentation from Honda on theseitems?

Old 05-07-2013, 09:46 AM
Super Moderator

Inspect Drive Belt (S) Replace Air Filter Element (S) Replace air cleaner element. If you drive in dusty conditions, replace every 15,000 miles (24,000 km). Cabin Air Filter / Purifier (S) Replace dust and pollen filter. If you drive primarily in urban areas that have high concentrations of soot in the air from industry and from diesel-powered vehicles, replace every 15,000miles (24,000 km). Engine Oil (S) Perform at interval or every year, whichever comes first. Reset Maintenance Required Lamp/Indicator Perform any time the engine oil is changed. Rotate Tires Rotate Tires. Check tire inflation and condition at least once a month. (S) = Service Warranty Requirement
(E) = Emission Warranty Requirement
(B) = Both Service and Emission Warranty Requirement

this is the 30k normal service schedule.

you should check with a Honda dealer, they can pull the VIN and see what services they have performed.

this schedule is for reference only.

Old 05-07-2013, 09:16 PM
Super Moderator

I'm pretty sure on my kids' Civics there's a maintenance table somewhere in the maintenance booklet where it says "approximately" what mileage all those things are called for. But it's kinda buried back there somewhere.

"A" & "B" are oil changes, with & without(!) a new filter. I think it's silly to change oil & leave the old filter on. But they come on based on driving habits, & I've seen good differences between my 2 kids' driving habits.

Old 05-12-2013, 08:41 PM
Newest Of Newbies

@acrd

I work in the service department at an Acura dealer and our cars work on the exact same maint minder schedule. Each dealer uses the maint minder system slightly differently, and it's up to you which you'd like to follow. Ours treats it as following:

A- Oil change (owner's manual says w/o filter, but NO! CHANGE THE FILTER!)
B- Oil change (owner's manual says w/ filter) we also do a "brake service" which involves taking apart the brakes, cleaning and re-lubricating the slides/pads - this normally comes up about once a year or once every 10-15k miles depending on driving style. Check the lube on the pads - if it looks old/dry, I'd do this if you're at 30k.
1 - tire rotation
2 - replacement of cabin and engine air filters // inspect drive belts
3 - transmission/transfer case fluid exchange - always drain and fill - NEVER power flush - typically seen about every 30k miles, depending on driving habits.
4 - spark plug/drive belt replacement // on vehicle w/ timing belt, replace timing belt, tensioner, water pump (some dealers just inspect this - best to change it out while you're in there, though!) // on vehicles w/ timing chain - adjust valves (Normally about 100k miles)
5 - replace engine coolant (normally seen @120k miles, then every 60k miles)
6 - replace differential fluid (typically done within the first 10-15k miles to rid diff of break-in fluid, then done about every 30k miles after that - depending on driving habits, again.)

Hope this helps!

Amanda

Old 05-13-2013, 06:15 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by almightyemu
@acrd

I work in the service department at an Acura dealer and our cars work on the exact same maint minder schedule. Each dealer uses the maint minder system slightly differently, and it's up to you which you'd like to follow. Ours treats it as following:

A- Oil change (owner's manual says w/o filter, but NO! CHANGE THE FILTER!)
B- Oil change (owner's manual says w/ filter) we also do a "brake service" which involves taking apart the brakes, cleaning and re-lubricating the slides/pads - this normally comes up about once a year or once every 10-15k miles depending on driving style. Check the lube on the pads - if it looks old/dry, I'd do this if you're at 30k.
1 - tire rotation
2 - replacement of cabin and engine air filters // inspect drive belts
3 - transmission/transfer case fluid exchange - always drain and fill - NEVER power flush - typically seen about every 30k miles, depending on driving habits.
4 - spark plug/drive belt replacement // on vehicle w/ timing belt, replace timing belt, tensioner, water pump (some dealers just inspect this - best to change it out while you're in there, though!) // on vehicles w/ timing chain - adjust valves (Normally about 100k miles)
5 - replace engine coolant (normally seen @120k miles, then every 60k miles)
6 - replace differential fluid (typically done within the first 10-15k miles to rid diff of break-in fluid, then done about every 30k miles after that - depending on driving habits, again.)

Hope this helps!

Amanda
Great! Thank you.

One follow up question. My wife's Pilot has 4WD and 15000 miles. Should we replace the diff fluid on that one now too? (VTM-4)

Last edited by acrd; 05-13-2013 at 06:18 AM.
Old 05-13-2013, 06:25 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Yes! Definitely get that break-in fluid out! And you're very welcome.