General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L - engine issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2016, 02:42 PM
Default 2010 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L - engine issues

Hello all. Got a question to see if someone can help me figure out what's wrong w/ the whip. So I purchased my ride in October of 2012 at 40k mi. It was in very good condition mechanically, just had a few minor details that needed work aesthetically. I take my car to get get serviced at a Honda dealer close to home all the time. I've also had the same service advisor since 2007, and he's always told me about making sure I get the big service jobs at 30 and 60k. Being that I didn't know if the previous owner had the work done at 30k, I figured just wait to 60k to get it done...plus it was running great.

Right around 55k I felt like I was driving a 4 cylinder. Gas was going WAY too fast, acceleration was much, much slower than what it should be for a 6 cylinder, and it just felt like my car was dragging. So 60k comes around and I spend a good $300-400 on the service job . New air filter, oil change, fluids were replaced...etc. They did a lot, I just can't remember all they did. Long story short, I get my car back only to see that the car is running the same, just SLIGHTLY smoother. I take my car in for regular maintenance all the time (tire rotation, oil change, etc.)...what can be wrong?

I'm taking it in this wknd and plan to leave it with them until it's fixed. This time however, I'm making sure I get in the car w/ a tech. Maybe that will help recognize the problem if they feel it while I'm driving. Does anyone know what they may be? Should I let the tech drive it? Lastly, I failed to mention that (although it's only happened twice) my engine misfired while I was trying to start it up. That happened at around 55k when I initially noticed a problem.

Any help and/or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Old 08-17-2016, 03:51 PM
Super Moderator

There are numerous items that may cause engine performance/fuel mileage problems. I don't know if you have a code reader/scanner, but I would at least stop by a parts store and have them scan for codes.

Having a scanner that can plug into the OBD2 port can help determine what is wrong with the car. Fuel trims may be the first place I start. They should be 0 on a perfect engine.

Old 08-17-2016, 04:07 PM

Hey thanks for your input PAhonda. I do appreciate the feedback.