General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Accord AC issues

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2015, 11:57 AM
Default 2010 Accord AC issues

Hey,

I am having problems with my AC on my 2010 Accord.

I have tested the clutch by by-passing the relay and when I do this it run and I get cold air. I replaced the relay with the one from the horn but still does not work. I also put the AC relay into the horn, and it works, so I think the relay is ok.

I have voltage at 3 or the terminals at the relay 10v and 2 x 14v. I have continuity to the earth, and all the wires seem to be ok.

I am at a loss as to where to go next!

any advise or help?

thanks
Colin

Old 06-25-2015, 02:10 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

If you installed jumper between power and control line (pin 3 in wiring diagram), you may have damaged the ECM/PCM. See a post from last week where this apparently happened and ECM/PCM was replaced to repair.

The ECM/PCM enables the compressor by providing ground to the solenoid of the relay. If no ground is available, relay stays open.

Why?, Low system pressure (leak) allowing refrigerant to escape. Check static pressure of system.

You will need a wiring diagram, VOM, and some electrical knowledge to test the system. Wiring diagram is in shop manual (automanualsource.com $22).

good luck

Old 06-25-2015, 03:56 PM

Check the ground and the HVAC control switch. It sounds like the refrigerant level is fine so static pressure should be fine, but that is just an online diagnosis of what seems to be electrical.

Old 06-25-2015, 06:00 PM

Yes, I think the pressure is fine as when I jumped the relay it blew cold air straight away!

When I tested the earth continuity to the battery, it read fine, so maybe it is a connection to the relay that is the problem?

I think my next course of action is to take the wires going to the relay out of the relay box, and connect the to the relay by hand. I can't see anything else that it can be other than a bad connection.

Just out of curiosity, what should the pressure on the refrigerant be?

Thanks
Colin

Old 06-25-2015, 06:14 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

Static pressure in psi should be roughly equal to ambient air temp in degF.

A faulty pressure switch could cause your symptoms. If you remove connector and check switch contacts they should show continuity (short). If not, switch must be replaced which will require charge recovery and recharge afterwards.

good luck

Old 06-26-2015, 04:19 AM

Thanks guys, looks like I will have to go back to the garage with it.