General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2013 Accord EX-L, Compass problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 04:29 PM
Default Compass Problems

I brought my Accord EX-L to the dealer yesterday. Apparently after I had an audio update, they did not complete a set up and hence the compass "di sappeared"

They did a reset of the cars' computer and so far it's good.

Old 05-22-2013, 09:24 AM

I'm a Salesman here at our local Honda dealer. I think I have the answer to all your questions.

First, turn the car on and after the display is done loading up...hold down the power button, the display button, and the back button all at the same time for about 3 seconds and a different menu will show with 2 options as shown..

Scrooll down with the "Menu/Select" to the Detail Information & Setting and hit Select. You'll see a few options. Choose Region. And than the USA/Hawaii/Puerto Rico. It will than take a second and load. You should see the compass show up at that point.

I hope this helps.

GoBlue0720

Old 05-23-2013, 07:22 AM
Default Compass Issues

Thank You,

I believe that's exactly what the technician did. Unfortunately for me this should have been done after the audio update.

Old 05-23-2013, 05:55 PM

Actually, every Honda that comes from the factory goes through a pre delivery inspection before being aloud on the lot. This is where they should catch it. That's why service doesn't know about it unless they investigate it or get with Tech Support.

Goblue0720

Old 05-24-2013, 07:48 PM

wonder if all these cars were built on a Friday afternoon before a long weekend?

Old 05-26-2013, 07:19 PM

I had the compass displaying until I brought it in last Friday for the Audio/Navigation software upgrade. Now the compass does not display after the software upgrade. Has anyone had any other problems because of the software upgrade other than losing the compass display?

Old 05-30-2013, 08:35 AM
Default 2013 Accord Compass problem

Originally Posted by goblue0720
I'm a Salesman here at our local Honda dealer. I think I have the answer to all your questions.

First, turn the car on and after the display is done loading up...hold down the power button, the display button, and the back button all at the same time for about 3 seconds and a different menu will show with 2 options as shown..

Scrooll down with the "Menu/Select" to the Detail Information & Setting and hit Select. You'll see a few options. Choose Region. And than the USA/Hawaii/Puerto Rico. It will than take a second and load. You should see the compass show up at that point.

I hope this helps.

GoBlue0720

It definitely helped. After having the audio update performed at the dealer I discovered that my compass display was not working. I tried the compass calibration according to the owners manual with no results. I did not want to have to make another trip to the dealer (about 65 miles) so I called the service department hoping they could tell me how to get the compass to reappear. The technician did not have an answer but he said he would call Honda tech support to see if he could get an answer. After doing that he returned my call and said that I would have to return the car so they could fix the problem. I saw this post and decided to give it a try. It worked! Thank you very much for the information.

Old 06-05-2013, 08:25 PM

I just got my touring yesterday and have the same issue. Can anyone help?

Old 07-04-2013, 07:56 PM

I tried this info and it worked for me. I now have to cancel my appt with the dealer. Thank you!!

Old 07-15-2013, 12:21 AM
Smile 2013 Accord Compass Problem after Audio/Navigation Software Update

Originally Posted by goblue0720

I hope this helps.

GoBlue0720

Thank you GoBlue0720, you've definitely saved a lot of people's time! I can't seem to notice ANY changes after the update, wondering if they were just bug fixes. These hidden diagnostics got me curious about the other settings in there. One of the things I noticed was the rich RGB capabilities of the touch screen, I wonder why Honda doesn't make full use of it or open it up to other app makers

Last edited by Harshzzz; 07-15-2013 at 12:29 AM.

Quick Reply: 2013 Accord EX-L, Compass problems