General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2013 Accord Fuse Identification

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 04:35 PM
Question 2013 Accord Fuse Identification

Trying to understand what some of the fuses in the interior fuse panel are for. I've read the owners manual (and the technical manual!) and the descriptions for a few of them are anything but clear. I called my dealer's parts department and they had no information to share. So I called Honda Canada and they said that the information was, and I quote, "proprietary". Really?

Anyone know what fuse 8, "MISS SOL", is for? or how about fuse 13, "ACG"? or fuse 37, "Accessory"? or fuse 5, "Meter" (which one)? or fuse 7, "Option"?

Then there is 26, "Keylock" which seems obvious, except that 42 is "Door lock" (not to mention 19-23 all of which are for door locking and unlocking).

And of course some of the fuses don't have numbers, they have letters. So fuse b is for "ACM". Which is what?

And where are the fuses for the 3 cameras? or the Forward Collision Warning system? or the Rear airbags?

Now I don't want anyone to disclose Top Secret information, but can anyone shed any light on these things, before I er, blow a fuse?

Old 02-14-2013, 04:49 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Why worry about it now when something doesn't work you'll know then what is what or just pull them out and see what doesnt work.

Old 02-14-2013, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by accordtouring2013
Why worry about it now when something doesn't work you'll know then what is what or just pull them out and see what doesnt work.
I'm a geek. I guess it's the principle of the thing. I just wanna know.

Old 02-14-2013, 06:31 PM
Super Moderator

A fuse may protect one or more than one component in a circuit. Although the 2013 Accord service manuals has not been published yet for public purchase, the information is available in the service manual or electrical troubleshooting manual. Fuse and circuit info. has always been available in Honda service manuals.

Last edited by redbull-1; 02-14-2013 at 07:21 PM.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:47 AM
Default 2013 Accord Fuse Identification

Originally Posted by redbull-1
A fuse may protect one or more than one component in a circuit. Although the 2013 Accord service manuals has not been published yet for public purchase, the information is available in the service manual or electrical troubleshooting manual. Fuse and circuit info. has always been available in Honda service manuals.
Thank you for that information. I assume then, that the Service department at my dealer should be able to answer my questions. Right? (I obviously erred in asking the Parts department.)

Please do not infer criticism from my questions about the fuses. This is a great car! I'm happy as a clam with this thing. Proud to drive it. Comfortable, spacious, responsive. Lots of informative (read: geeky) displays.

And as far as manuals go, the online version of the Owners Manual is great! Very user friendly. I'm grateful for that as well.