General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 Accord Problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by Ajdre
Honda - EX L, 4 cyl. (no NAV)

Hi, I live in Canada and got my car around 3 weeks ago.....happy BUT some issues!

** I have had the stereo "screeching" problem 3 times, once it didn't go away after the 1st re-start. - weird problem. Basically the stereo emits high pitched sound, like inference that doesn't go way until re-start.

**Squeak under front drivers side wheel..

** Bump where one of the leather sections joins on the steering wheel....really annoying - Honda are replacing the whole steering wheel.

** The lane change camera didn't work once - corrected when re-started.

** The display screen (top one) auto dimms sometimes....went really dark....don't know if this is normal, corrected itself when I fiddled with it.

** Some "dirt" "bump" under the paint on the rear passenger side window, small but noticeable.....Honda said they would have to re-paint the whole back half of the car to fix it....they are willing to do this under warranty but would need the car for 3 days and would not provide a rental. They also talked me out of doing it as "factory paint" is better??? There is another small bump just above the same window...small but ......................... <---Anyone have an opinion on this? Not sure what to do about the paint.

The other problem I will address with Honda when I change the steering wheel. I still like the car...but expected a little higher QC checks, especially considering the Japanese as so quality minded.
UPDATE :

Squeak fixed, was a loose "clip" on the brake.

Steering wheel changed : now much better :-)

Screeching problem on stereo seems to have disappeared.

Lane change camera working perfectly.

Paint defect : I can live with it.

Love the car.

Old 02-08-2013, 09:44 PM

Bought my wife an EX V6. Car runs, handles well enough. However, the backup camera/radio works sporatically. Sometimes it takes 10 minutes before the radio decides to start operating. Now, Pandora doesn't work. Stealer says that Honda has to come up with a software fix. Of course, they have no idea when that will be. Who decided that the public wants to drive (or be driven by) a damn computer? Very disappointed. Anyone else have this problem?

Last edited by fasteddie13; 02-08-2013 at 10:18 PM.
Old 02-09-2013, 12:19 AM
Administrator

Our Member keep hope alive ought to be able to answer this post of yours..PM him with that question and see.

WheelBrokerAng

Old 02-09-2013, 08:25 AM

So with all these annoying issues folks are having with the 2013...makes me wonder if honda goes back and fixes all the un-sold cars before they turn them lose on the public.

I've been a huge honda accord fan since my first new one in 1993, but this stuff is discouraging to read.

Old 02-10-2013, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by LJGibbs
The dealer just called back and told me basically the same thing. And that there is a software update that will remedy the buzzing sound after the car is turned off. Have scheduled an appointment to install the update and will update after complete and tested. No other issues, although I don't drive the car.
Update Honda TSB 12-085 completed no buzzing sound since:

Honda TSB 12-085
Buzz Coming From the Engine Compartment After the Engine Is Turned Off

Applies To: 2013 Accord 2-Door – From 1HGCT1...DA000001 thru 1HGCT1...DA000123
2013 Accord 4-Door – From 1HGCR2...DA000001 thru 1HGCR2...DA021824
2013 Accord 4-Door – VIN begins with JHM

SYMPTOM
Buzzing is heard coming from the engine compartment after the engine is turned off.

PROBABLE CAUSE
The PCM operates the VTC solenoid with the ignition key turned to the OFF position.

CORRECTIVE ACTION
Update the PGM-FI software in the PCM.

Old 02-10-2013, 01:04 PM

Model EX-L 4 CYL no navi - Main driver has iPhone 5 (IOS v6.1) and I have BB Bold 9930 (v7.1.0 Bundle 921), for the most part they work 95% of the time. Main driver uses iPhone and Pandora, Pandora works most of the time. When it doesn't - sometimes it's the phone and sometimes it's the car, happens with both phones, but not very often. Have downloaded AHA but haven't tried it yet. Since the BB has unlimited data, when I am in the car we turn bluetooth off on the iPhone and my BB (phone and music) connects right up, not 100% of the time but most of the time. As you probably already know Pandora is a data hog, about 30MB per hour. iPhone can receive and play text messages, but cannot send. iPhone is unable to do email. According to the documentation on Honda my BB should be able to do more things than the iPhone 5, but haven't tried it yet.

Old 02-11-2013, 06:21 AM

I have only had the buzzing noise issue. But I have only heard it once in the past month and it shut off on its own. My dealer said when I came in for my first oil change they would apply any updates at that time. I am just on 60% for oil life so it could be a while longer (I have just over 4600 miles). Knock on wood I have not had any of the other issues noted here. Since everyone else had them right away I am assuming I will not have them (fingers crossed).

Old 02-11-2013, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Nascarfan
My 2013 Accord will not drive straight down the road. I have to keep constant pressure on the steering wheel to keep the car from drifting left. The steering wheel is not straight when I am trying to stay in my lane on the highway. I have been to the dealer 4 times now. They have alligned it 2 times, replaced the tires once, replaced the front rims once, and adjusted the tire presure. Their answer is it is due to the crown in the road. But no matter what lane I am in on the highway the car will pull to the left. There also is a scraping noise when I turn Left from the noise is comming from the left rear wheel. They have "fixed" that 2 times now saying the backing plate had to be adjusted. I don't think they know what they are doing.
Well it seems they finally fixed the problem. It turned out to be the tires were all defective. I have 4 new tires and the car drives straight. What a concept now I have to turn the steering wheel to change lanes.

Old 02-12-2013, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Nascarfan
Well it seems they finally fixed the problem. It turned out to be the tires were all defective. I have 4 new tires and the car drives straight. What a concept now I have to turn the steering wheel to change lanes.
so when they changed the tires the 1st time, are they now saying the replacement tires were defective as well??

Old 02-13-2013, 05:56 PM
FCB

Originally Posted by wynwyd20
My 2013 LX has the same jerking/pulling problem at low speeds( less than 10 mph). Took it to dealer and they did a software update, but still have the same issue except it's now constantly happening at below 5 mph).

I recall there was a article in Car&Driver or Motor Trend about the pre-production accord jerks at parking lot speed by the test driver, he mentioned hopely this is only a pre-production issue. I didn't notice this when I test drove the car..should have I suppose.

I'll bring it back to dealer next week. Can't believe Honda would sell a popular car with this problem.
Wyn, any status update on these issues?

Just purchased the accord sport 5 days ago and noticed the jerking/pulling just yesterday as well. Also, some rattling sound coming from dashboard, honestly very disappointed with Honda

Quick Reply: 2013 Accord Problems