General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 Accord Problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2012, 08:51 AM

Great post...enjoy the updates.

What is sad to me, is that honda deployed the car with all these issues. Seems like they could have eliminated them before the public has to deal with them.

Huge Honda fan sincce 1993 when we bought our first new one...but this is not encouraging

Old 12-23-2012, 09:35 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by HondaMan2013
I've had my 2013 Accord for about 2.5 months. I also occasionally have audio distortion or "screeching" and yes, the distortion only went away after the car was re-started. And I've had the lane change camera not work one time. For the drivers side wheel squeak; does the noise occur when you are turning? I had a passenger side wheel squeal that resulted in three suspension parts being replaced, but the noise has returned and I've just sent a letter to American Honda in Torrence, CA, asking for their input on this problem. I suggest returning to the dealership and listing all of the problems you have listed here, so that Honda logs them in. It looks like there is a trend developing. Good Luck!
Originally Posted by Ajdre
Thanks for the reply.

Yes, the squeak happens when turning left (not right), it is however intermittent it normally happens when starting from a cold start. Although at other times as well. I will make my Honda aware of these problems.

Tell me a little more about your wheel squeak...

I hope I don't have to go through major repairs.
There is a technical service bulletin regarding a squealing or scraping noise from the front brakes, while turning. It may be the disc brake pad retaining clip (retainer) shifted and is touching the rotor.

The fix is where they center the retainer in the brake pad holder, and apply a thin coat of Molykote M77 to the edges of the brake pads where they contact the retainer

See this:
https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/for...-scrape-52001/

Old 12-24-2012, 07:55 AM

I have experienced the same jerk every time before stopping no matter how gently I touch the brakes. I went to the dealer. They made me drive another Honda Accord 2013 they had and it made the same jerking motion as the one my car makes.

Old 12-28-2012, 10:08 AM

My 2013 LX has the same jerking/pulling problem at low speeds( less than 10 mph). Took it to dealer and they did a software update, but still have the same issue except it's now constantly happening at below 5 mph).

I recall there was a article in Car&Driver or Motor Trend about the pre-production accord jerks at parking lot speed by the test driver, he mentioned hopely this is only a pre-production issue. I didn't notice this when I test drove the car..should have I suppose.

I'll bring it back to dealer next week. Can't believe Honda would sell a popular car with this problem.

Old 01-03-2013, 09:31 AM

Just had this TSB done this morning on my 2013 Acccord Sport and I'll wait to see if it works. I also have the sqeek sometimes when I turn left but waiting to see now if the brake TSB fixed that also.

Old 01-05-2013, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by SusanLE1961
I also have a 2013 Honda Accord EX that has a high pitched electronic noise that occurs after the car is shut off as well. It is deifnitely not a fan. I brought my car in and the tech hooked the car up to their laptop and had the fan turn on so I could lhear that noise - it was not. This is an electronic buzzing noise. It has occurred on my car multiple times but the only time I notice it is when I am home and the car is in the garage (it's quiet enough to hear). One time when I noticed it was did not appear it would shut off so we restarted the car and it shut if off again and the noise stopped. This past Friday I heard it when I went back out to the garage after coming home and we tried to pinpoint the area and it shut off on it's own. I am in contact with the dealership to try and determine if it a normal part of the diagnostics of the car or an issue.
My 2013 Accord will do the same thing if I park too close to the wall or if something else is too close to the front bumper. Try backing up the car a couple of inches and then shut it off - the noise will most likely be gone.

Old 01-05-2013, 08:20 AM
Angry 2013 Accord Pulls to the Left

My 2013 Accord will not drive straight down the road. I have to keep constant pressure on the steering wheel to keep the car from drifting left. The steering wheel is not straight when I am trying to stay in my lane on the highway. I have been to the dealer 4 times now. They have alligned it 2 times, replaced the tires once, replaced the front rims once, and adjusted the tire presure. Their answer is it is due to the crown in the road. But no matter what lane I am in on the highway the car will pull to the left. There also is a scraping noise when I turn Left from the noise is comming from the left rear wheel. They have "fixed" that 2 times now saying the backing plate had to be adjusted. I don't think they know what they are doing.

Old 01-07-2013, 07:15 AM

Regarding the buzzing noise heard when you park too close to a wall, this is a copy of a previous posting to this forum:

Honda has a technical service bulletin regarding this for the Accord with the L4 engines.

Honda TSB 12-085
Buzz Coming From the Engine Compartment After the Engine Is Turned Off

Applies To: 2013 Accord 2-Door – From 1HGCT1...DA000001 thru 1HGCT1...DA000123
2013 Accord 4-Door – From 1HGCR2...DA000001 thru 1HGCR2...DA021824
2013 Accord 4-Door – VIN begins with JHM

SYMPTOM
Buzzing is heard coming from the engine compartment after the engine is turned off.

PROBABLE CAUSE
The PCM operates the VTC solenoid with the ignition key turned to the OFF position.

CORRECTIVE ACTION
Update the PGM-FI software in the PCM.

Old 01-07-2013, 07:45 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by redbull-1
Honda has a technical service bulletin regarding this for the Accords with the L4 engines.

Honda TSB 12-085

SYMPTOM
Buzzing is heard coming from the engine compartment after the engine is turned off.

PROBABLE CAUSE
The PCM operates the VTC solenoid with the ignition key turned to the OFF position.

CORRECTIVE ACTION
Originally Posted by HondaMan2013
Regarding the buzzing noise heard when you park too close to a wall, this is a copy of a previous posting to this forum:

Honda has a technical service bulletin regarding this for the Accord with the L4 engines.

Honda TSB 12-085

SYMPTOM

PROBABLE CAUSE

CORRECTIVE ACTION
It's what I posted in this thread (post #29) already and another part of this forum.

Old 01-09-2013, 08:12 PM
Exclamation disappointed

I purchased a 2013 Accord Sport less than 1 month ago. I have owned a 98 Civic LX, a 99 Accord EX-L and currently own a 10 Odyssey EX. I loved both my 98/99 Civic and Accord and love my Odyssey. When making a decision to purchase a new vehicle, the quality and reliability of these vehicles is what won me over to the Accord over the Camry SE, Sonata SE, and Subaru Legacy Premium. I love the look and the interior of the Accord Sport. However, like the initial post in this thread, I am extremely disappointed in how the car drives at speeds below 45-50 MPH.

3 issues I have with the Accord: 1)When accelerating, on turns, and on inclines, the car feels like it misses. I called the dealership where I bought the vehicle and the service manager asked if I drove with 2 feet. I assured him that I did not. He stated that the brake does not fully release if you drive with your left foot over the brake and right foot on the gas-and this causes the car to jerk. 2) There is a slight clicking noise coming from the front driver's side shock. It sounds like something plastic is bouncing around. You can only really hear the clicking at speeds up to 30 MPH. You can also hear the click when the car is parked and you push down on the driver's side hood. 3)I have driven "city" roads and interstate roads about 50/50 and have yet to get over 27 MPH. My first tank I got 25 MPH and I got 26 MPH my second tank. Also, my bluetooth has been inconsistent but I am not sure if this is due to the vehicle or my phone.

I am scheduled to take the vehicle in to the dealership service department tomorrow. I will post outcome after I find out what's going on. Right now, I am wishing I would have gone with the Legacy...

Quick Reply: 2013 Accord Problems