General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2013 Honda Accord Compass Fix

Old 05-07-2013, 03:19 PM
Default 2013 Honda Accord Compass Fix

Hey everyone.

First let me apologize if this has been resolved in another post, but I didnt see any. Also, Google search led me here, so I hope it leads others as well.

I work at a honda dealership and we ran into the same problem it seems some people are experiencing when the compass just, disappears. The problem seems to be the vehicles regional settings.

What you want to do is access the diag menu. With the radio on or off, press and hold the DISP button, the BACK button, and the VOLUME/POWER button for about 3 seconds. Afterwards, on the I-mid display, you should see two options appear. Self-Diagnosis mode, and Detail information and setting. You want to select Detail Information.

It should bring you into another screen which has region as an option to select. Select region, and of course the country you reside (should be USA, Puerto Rico, etc).

Now the system should reboot. Your compass will be displayed in the top left corner. Lets calibrate it shall we?

First, goto an area that will allow you to drive in full circles. Now, press and hold the MENU/SEL button for 5 seconds until the compass calibration menu comes up. When that does, select zone adjust. (you can find what zone you are in by looking in your owners manual, page 415). when adjusted, select calibration, than calibration start. You'll than be back in the normal i-mid screen, but your compass will say cal on top of it. Drive slowly twice in a circle until it stops displaying cal above the heading.

Your done I hope this helps out anyone else thats been experiencing a problem with the compass and anything elss.

Old 06-14-2013, 04:17 PM

We have had a couple as well, but this can also happen after a software update-same procedure you use, but engine has to be running, & select self-diag-sometimes the compass will be yellowed out & running this test restores the compass. Hope this helps!!

Old 05-01-2016, 04:08 PM
Default How to restore compass in 2013 accord EX (only one display screen)

How to do this in 2013 Accord EX. I have only one display screen. I tried your method but it switches off the screen nothing else.