General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2014 Honda Accord Radio BEEP

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2013, 02:48 PM
Default 2014 Honda Accord Radio BEEP

The navigation beeps moving through the menu system and whenever a station is changed. I may not have purchase the vehicle if I knew about this. I just didn't notice when test driving it. The radio was exercised while test driving but my mind was distracted by everything else.

I called Honda support and they said there is no way to mute it. Shocking, since this would be very simple to do. I guess I will get used to it or eventually trade it in for another vehicle.

This is my only complaint so far with the vehicle. However, there were two scratches I noticed when I was about to drive off and the sales guy said to bring it in to buff them out. I may try to buff them out myself. I don't want to take any chances.

Old 12-27-2013, 03:13 PM
Super Moderator

Unless there is a firmware upgrade, the beep can't be turned off for systems with navigation.

For light scratches and scuffs, I would recommend Quixx. This is what it said on their site before.

It uses a process called plastic deformation. Plastic deformation is a permanent distortion of a material, in this case, the paint at the scratched spot. The paint material surrounding the scratch is mechanically deformed so that it flows into the scratch gap and the scratch is filled with the vehicle's original paint. With Quixx, the scratches do not come back.

I've used Quixx before and am a true believer in it. It is available at Walmart, Autozone, etc.; but, Walmart has the best price. Sometimes, Walmart even has the larger bonus size than Autozone. Just don't use the sand paper that comes with kit. You do have to rub for quite awhile though with the No. 1 tube paste; otherwise, it doesn't seem to do that much.

quixx-usa.com/