General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2017 Sport SE Dash Rattle

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2017, 02:33 PM
Default 2017 Sport SE Dash Rattle

I recently purchased a 2017 4 door Sport SE with a 6-speed manual. I absolutely love the car. It's the perfect blend of fun to drive and practical for towing the family around. However, there is one thing about it that drives me nuts. There is a rattle that sounds like it's originating either under the dash behind the LCD screen, or somewhere in the engine bay near the firewall. The rattle only occurs when the engine is revving between 2-3k rpm. Based on that information I have to assume it's some sort of resonance rattle. I'm trying to figure out if there is a good way for me to locate this rattle and eliminate it. Has anyone else had similar issues with a 2016-2017? Is this something I could expect a dealership to check out under the standard warranty provided by Honda? Any tips or suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Old 01-20-2017, 04:49 PM
Super Moderator

Its a new car, so I'd take it to the dealership to fix.

Old 01-20-2017, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by honkyharris
I recently purchased a 2017 4 door Sport SE with a 6-speed manual. I absolutely love the car. It's the perfect blend of fun to drive and practical for towing the family around. However, there is one thing about it that drives me nuts. There is a rattle that sounds like it's originating either under the dash behind the LCD screen, or somewhere in the engine bay near the firewall. The rattle only occurs when the engine is revving between 2-3k rpm. Based on that information I have to assume it's some sort of resonance rattle. I'm trying to figure out if there is a good way for me to locate this rattle and eliminate it. Has anyone else had similar issues with a 2016-2017? Is this something I could expect a dealership to check out under the standard warranty provided by Honda? Any tips or suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
Welcome to the forum,

I drive a 2016 and have not heard any rattle, however, there have been many complaints reported from owners about a vibration that can be felt in the driver's floorboard and steering wheel at low speed/low RPM in 9th generation Accords... Honda is aware and (word is) that the problem will be resolved in 10th gen due in 2018 model year. My Accord does have the vibration mentioned here, but it only occurs in a very narrow range.

I'm wondering if the rattle you're hearing may be related?

Good luck... and, most of all.. Enjoy your Sport