General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3 Problems replacing door actuator

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2011, 11:17 AM
Default 3 Problems replacing door actuator

Hi,

I encountered 3 problems while trying to replace my door actuator. 2 of them I require help with.

1) A metal piece fell out while trying to remove the old actuator. I have no idea what it is for or where to install it back. Can someone please help me identify it and where/how to reinstall it?

2) I accidentally took out some bolts and when I tried to reinstall them, the holes no longer line up. Can someone please give me some tips or explain how I can get the holes to line up so that I can reinstall the bolts?

3) No one can help me with this problem. I was stupid and went into this task without doing my research first and starting taking all screws and bolts that I thought might help me replace the actuator easier.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Randy

Attached Thumbnails 3 Problems replacing door actuator-2img_1478.jpg   3 Problems replacing door actuator-2img_1479.jpg   3 Problems replacing door actuator-window-bolts-misaligned2.jpg  
Old 12-04-2011, 11:46 AM
Super Moderator

As far as the bolts, they are for the regulator. Suggest moveing the glass around to get it properly set, the reg bolts should then line up.....

The plate looks like a "guide"/protector for the door locks.

Might look for some u tube videos on replacing the regualtor and or the actuator and see if they help.

Attached Thumbnails 3 Problems replacing door actuator-99-window-reg.jpg   3 Problems replacing door actuator-99-door-locks.jpg  
Old 12-04-2011, 12:22 PM

Is it possible to take the siding off the other door, which is currently intact, to see how the metal piece is installed?

Old 12-05-2011, 01:35 AM

Originally Posted by poorman212
As far as the bolts, they are for the regulator. Suggest moveing the glass around to get it properly set, the reg bolts should then line up.....

The plate looks like a "guide"/protector for the door locks.

Might look for some u tube videos on replacing the regualtor and or the actuator and see if they help.

Hi,

Yes, you are corect. The metal part goes on the back of the actuator. Is it possible to install the actuator with the metal backing already installed? I screwed the actuator to the metal guide but am having a lot of difficulty getting the actuator connected.

I will try looking through You tube.

Thanks!

Randy