General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

90 Accord Coupe 2.2 Auto Bumper Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 11:09 PM
Default 90 Accord Coupe 2.2 Auto Bumper Question

Hello I have a 90 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2.2 auto with some damage to the front bumper. I need help with a technical question I had about switching the bumper. Okay my question is this is a (Front Bumper) the same on a 90 Coupe & 90-91 4 door sedan? I ask because I found a nice bumper on a 91 sedan and it looks the same (I think) as my 90 coupe bumper. So I am wondering if there is any differences between a bumper on a 90 coupe vs. the 91 4 door sedan front bumper. Please advise me as I am thinking of switching them. Also if anyone has a website or any book or directions on how to remove/change a front bumper I would appreciate that as well. I am sure there is a website with some tips out there on how to change the front bumper as people have done it before I just don’t know where to look. So if anyone on here could help with the 2 inquiries I have I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks very much.
Dave

Old 02-26-2010, 06:39 AM
Super Moderator

There's a sticky thread in the DIY forum about on-line manuals. Get a shop manual for 90/91 which will have details about removing the bumper. Check out the coupe vs/ sedan procedure for removing the bumper, maybe there's something in there that answers your question about whether the sedan bumper will fit. Later years it would NOT work, but I don't know about 4th-gen.

There's some used-parts websites (don't remember the site) that gives a list (on-line) of all the years/models that can substitute for parts.

Old 02-26-2010, 08:09 PM
Default 90 accord bumper ?'s

Hello,
Thanks very much for answering my question. Do you know the difficulty level of removing the front bumper? Also do you know where I can get instructions and info on how to take off the front bumper properly? Thanks for your help.
Also how would I get this manual free on the internet? Please advise me on what to words to Google to get it thanks.
1 more ? for you if you don't mind.... I found a 92 accord bumper today it is obliviously different I know that. My question is can I install that one and will it work? What if anything would I have to change/modify for the 92 bumper to fit/work correctly please advise thanks.
Dave

Originally Posted by JimBlake
There's a sticky thread in the DIY forum about on-line manuals. Get a shop manual for 90/91 which will have details about removing the bumper. Check out the coupe vs/ sedan procedure for removing the bumper, maybe there's something in there that answers your question about whether the sedan bumper will fit. Later years it would NOT work, but I don't know about 4th-gen.

There's some used-parts websites (don't remember the site) that gives a list (on-line) of all the years/models that can substitute for parts.

Old 02-26-2010, 08:10 PM

Oh I am new here and don't know where and what a sticky thread in diy is please advise me thanks.
Dave

Old 03-01-2010, 11:43 AM
Super Moderator

Sorry I didn't notice this last question...
Look at the main listing of different boards here - there's on called "Do-It-Yourself" or something like that.

Sticky thread is one that stays near the top, doesn't move downwards as new ones are posted. Here's the thread I was talking about.
https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/for...ead.php?t=4597

Old 03-01-2010, 08:41 PM
Default 90 accord coupe

Thanks very much for responding back I have another good ? I will post it in the diy board like you said look for it there if you like.
Dave

Originally Posted by JimBlake
Sorry I didn't notice this last question...
Look at the main listing of different boards here - there's on called "Do-It-Yourself" or something like that.

Sticky thread is one that stays near the top, doesn't move downwards as new ones are posted. Here's the thread I was talking about.
https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/for...ead.php?t=4597

Old 03-01-2010, 09:45 PM
Super Moderator

Jim meant that you can look at the Online Manuals thread in the DIY section. A sticky thread just keeps the thread at the top. Moderators will make a thread a sticky if it contains something useful, so members can easily find it.

You can post your questions in the general tech help section.

That link is a pdf of the 1991 shop manual that Jim referenced.

Last edited by PAhonda; 03-01-2010 at 09:51 PM.