General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

92 accord ex engine swap issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2019, 01:27 AM
Angry 92 accord ex engine swap issues

my 92 accord has the f22a6 in it and started having multiple issues with it and decided to use my f22b2 out of a 95 accord ex I have for parts the block down is f22b2 everything else is the a6 now it seems to have a miss in it and when I shut it off it will leak oil on the driverside of the motor on the fire wall side it doesn't leak while the car is running and the miss it has is also partnered with it sounding as though its choking and my timing marks are correct according to the factory specs the top end has a new head gasket set with the intake gaskets and the exhaust gaskets are new and the valve cover gasket set complete with the sparkplug tube grommets any help or ideas will be appreciated this car is my baby had it for 8 years and my fiancé loves it too I have completely customized this car* I also torqued everything to spec that I could find if anyone has the torque specs for the rockar assembly I could use it

Last edited by Nick B; 03-24-2019 at 01:32 AM.
Old 03-24-2019, 01:17 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Originally Posted by Nick B
my 92 accord has the f22a6 in it and started having multiple issues with it and decided to use my f22b2 out of a 95 accord ex I have for parts the block down is f22b2 everything else is the a6 now it seems to have a miss in it and when I shut it off it will leak oil on the driverside of the motor on the fire wall side it doesn't leak while the car is running and the miss it has is also partnered with it sounding as though its choking and my timing marks are correct according to the factory specs the top end has a new head gasket set with the intake gaskets and the exhaust gaskets are new and the valve cover gasket set complete with the sparkplug tube grommets any help or ideas will be appreciated this car is my baby had it for 8 years and my fiancé loves it too I have completely customized this car* I also torqued everything to spec that I could find if anyone has the torque specs for the rockar assembly I could use it
About the only things I can think of that would cause a leak in that area, would be the access plug for locking the rear balance shaft in place, or maybe the oil pressure switch. It's not the VTECH valve, as that's on the opposite end of the engine up top.
Sorry, I know it's not much help, but there's only so many things in that area that can leak. Also, are you sure is not power steering fluid? Just asking as the lines run thru there on the left side.

Old 03-24-2019, 03:09 PM
Super Moderator

Trying to understand what you did. Did you use the bottom half of the 95 EX engine and use the top half of your F22A6 engine?

Old 03-24-2019, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by The Toecutter
About the only things I can think of that would cause a leak in that area, would be the access plug for locking the rear balance shaft in place, or maybe the oil pressure switch. It's not the VTECH valve, as that's on the opposite end of the engine up top.
Sorry, I know it's not much help, but there's only so many things in that area that can leak. Also, are you sure is not power steering fluid? Just asking as the lines run thru there on the left side.
thank you anything helps

Old 03-24-2019, 10:13 PM

your on the money I used the f22b2 block and the f22a6 top end