General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Honda Accord - Catalytic Converter

Old 03-24-2019, 05:14 PM
Default Honda Accord - Catalytic Converter

Hey guys,

i have a 2010 Honda Accord EXL V6 that Ive had some issues with. For some time my check engine light will come on, then after a day or so itíll go away. It will do this again weeks or days later in the same manner. I took it to the Honda dealership once and they told me I needed a new catalytic converters. I recently had my dash say ďcheck fuel capĒ, replaced it, ever since I did my check engine light has come on 3x in the last week and went away after a day or so. Has anyone experienced something like this? I donít have the code thatís popping up handy, but tomorrow morning when Iím off work I will check.

Old 03-24-2019, 05:44 PM
Super Moderator

I'm guessing you never changed the catalytic converter?

It is hard to diagnose without the actual code. Make sure you get the code and not just the description from the parts store. The code will start with the letter P and have 4 numbers, like P0420.

Old 03-24-2019, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by PAhonda View Post

It is hard to diagnose without the actual code. Make sure you get the code and not just the description from the parts store. The code will start with the letter P and have 4 numbers, like P0420.

i never did. The light went away so it just seemed like an odd issue. I will check the code tomorrow and check back.

Old 03-25-2019, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by PAhonda View Post

hey,

the codes that came up were P0420 and P0430
they came up 5 times
p0420 confirmed, pending,
P0430 was confirmed, pending, permanent
any help is appreciated