General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2006 Accord Sedan EX Drivers door will not unlock

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2019, 04:09 PM
Red face 2006 Accord Sedan EX Drivers door will not unlock

Two weeks ago my drivers door lock decided to have a hissy fit. I pressed the button on the door panel to unlock the car and all doors unlocked then immediately locked again. I pressed unlock again and all the doors unlocked except the drivers door. I can't even unlock it manually. when I hit the unlock button I can see the lock rise slightly then lock again while all the other doors unlock. I've been getting in and out of the car on the passengers side and climbing into the drivers seat. I had this problem last year that lasted a couple weeks . Then one day I was fooling around trying to troubleshoot and found a sequence of actions that unlocked the drivers door. If I hit lock x3 it engaged the lock where I couldn't unlock the drivers door. Then I waited 15-20 seconds after it locked and hit lock x1 and immediately unlock x1 it unlocked the drivers door. I tried this several times and it worked and I didnt have that problem again until a couple of weeks ago. That sequence no longer works and I can't seem to figure how to unlock that door. All of the other door locks can be opened manually. I have to keep my passenger door unlocked at all times so I can get in my car as the passenger door does not have a key slot. Is this issue an unspoken safety feature. Last year I purchased a new actuator and cables but since I got the door to respond I decided not to swap them. Now I can't get my door open so I can change the parts. I only use keys to unlock my door as I don't have a key fob. Since last year I have come across abother individual on a forum with this same issue and they changed their actuator but the problem persisted. I am open to any and all advice

Old 03-23-2019, 06:30 PM
Super Moderator

1. The initial problem may have been caused by an open (break) in the Wht/Blk wire that runs between the driver's door lock **** switch and the driver's door multiplex control unit (MCU). See my posts # 8 in this other thread. https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/for...lved%5D-60523/

2. The driver's door lock actuator may also be bad now. Also see my post # 4 in this other thread: https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/for...key-ign-62115/

Old 03-24-2019, 12:20 PM

I am not capable of unlocking and opening the drivers door to check the wires. Would you happen to know of a way to open the door from the closed position?

Old 03-25-2019, 11:14 AM
Super Moderator

Can you grab the unlock button & pull it up with a needle-nose pliers or something like that?