General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Keyless entry won't unlock drivers door

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 03:18 PM
PootsworthIII
Unregistered
Default Keyless entry won't unlock drivers door

I have a '00 Accord with factory keyless entry. It was in a wreck and had the driver's door replaced. Now I'm having problems unlocking with the keyless entry. Everything works fine except after locking with the keyless entry, the doors won't unlock. I can hear the keyless module in the car clicking, but nothing happens. If I unlock the drivers door with a key, the other doors will unlock with a press of the unlock on the key fob. If the doors are unlocked and I press the unlock on the fob, all the acuators fire off, so they are fine.

Is there anything in the door that might cause this problem?

I've replaced the module in the car and retrained the key fob, but the problem persists.

Any help is appreciated.

Old 12-29-2007, 03:21 PM
Default RE: Keyless entry won't unlock drivers door

will it unlock if you use the automatic door lock button inside the car? Or only manually (I.E. flipping the lock or using key)

Old 12-29-2007, 03:42 PM
PootsworthIII
Unregistered

Either/Both work fine. So it doesn't seem to be a relay problem.

Old 12-29-2007, 04:51 PM

If the power door lock switch works then we know the actuator is fine it must be a wiring issue....

Old 12-29-2007, 11:04 PM
PootsworthIII
Unregistered

Right, I thought that, but if all the doors are unlocked and I press unlock on the keyless entry, the actuator fires on all doors including the the drivers. I'm wondering if this is a logic thing. Any ideas on something to try?

Thanks for all your help so far, btw.

Old 12-30-2007, 12:20 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

There's a few switches you can check: The door jam switch, the latch switch, and the lock cylinder switch. Since it has had repairs look for shoddy worksmanship.

Old 12-30-2007, 01:12 AM

so i'm to understand you can lock and unlock all the doors with no problems when using the power door lock switch inside the car?

i've had accident cars with different doors installed. what i mean is...for instance, the wiring pin out is different on a 97 and a 99 crv door connector. is there any way you can find out what year door was put on?

some quick research between EX with factory keyless and LX with optional keyless on a 2000 accord: the EX uses the door multiplex to recieve keyless entry data where the LX uses a control unit. so if the door was from an LX with a different door multiplex(contained in the power window switch) problems may occur. i didn't check the pinout at the door connector, i'd need to know the year/trim lvl of the donor door.