General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

92 accord Master Window Switch

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 11:23 AM
Default 92 accord Master Window Switch

I recently got a used master window switch (the one on the driver side). How do I remove the old one? It's a 1992 Accord LX
I am sure I need to remove the door cover, but don't know where to start.

Thanks in advance

Old 01-17-2007, 02:02 PM
Default RE: 92 accord Master Window Switch

there is usually two-three screws that hold it on. Look in the upper right hand corner, behind the door handle, and in/on the armrest. All of them will be covered (or should be at least) remove those screws then either use your hand or take a flathead screwdriver and wrap it in a towel and slide it under neath the front edge of the door panel, pry up and you will feel a small pop as it comes loose, work your way around the bottom and to the back and continue doing this. You may need to remove the inside plastic piece that covers the screws and such for your sideview mirrors, then remove the door handle assembly, pull it forward and out a little bit and you'll see a clip that hold the rod onto the door handle, remove the clip and the handle assembly comes out, now the door panel should lift up and off.