General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

93 honda accord

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2006, 01:40 PM
bnuse
Unregistered
Default 93 honda accord

I JUST BOUGHT THIS 93 HONDA ACCORD. IT RUNS GREAT. HOWEVER WHEN YOU GET UP TO 45 MPH AND BEYOND IT SEEMS THAT THE FRONTEND WANTS TO FLOAT FROM ONE SIDE OF THE ROAD TO THE OTHER. THERE ARE NEW TIRES ON IT ANF THEY HAVE BALANCED. I AM NOT SURE WHERE TO START BECAUSE I WOULD LIKE TO FIX IT MYSELF BECAUSE THE GARAGES AROUND WILL CHARGE AN ARM AND A LEG TO JUST LOOK AT IT. IF SOMEONE COULD PLEASE HELP ME OUT I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE IT. THANK YOU.

Old 01-20-2006, 02:10 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: 93 honda accord

float? do you mean the steering wheel has a lot of play? or is the steering wheel tight and the car veers one way?

lightshow

Old 01-20-2006, 02:21 PM
bnuse
Unregistered

the steering is tight but the car veers one way or the other on it's on but not constantly just ever couple minutes

Old 01-20-2006, 02:24 PM

thats probably the road then for the most part. irregularities will try to deag your car one way or the other.

lightshow

Old 01-20-2006, 05:17 PM
bnuse
Unregistered

it is no the road because my 04 ram 4x4 does not act like that is something either with the steering box, ball joints/tie rods or something like that kust trying to see if anyone else can pin it down

Old 01-21-2006, 01:50 AM

have your wheel alignment done ,,,and tell them to chk the frt suspensions for any loose components

Old 01-23-2006, 06:07 PM
bill3_us
Unregistered

my 90 accord ex had the same prob. when i first bought her.. after checking the susp... found the tie rod end bushings were shot... bought tie rod ends on ebay for 30 bucks, replaced and had wheels realigned... guess what, she is straight and true... check the tie rod end bushings?

Old 01-23-2006, 06:13 PM
bill3_us
Unregistered

meant to tell ya'... to check, jack one side of car up with wheel turned in oppisite direction.. don't have to be much... then get out and see if you can move elevated wheel at all.. then look in the behind wheel, and move wheel and look at tie rods ends on the lower arms.. the bushing is black rubber and gets really dry and cracking.. should be a snug fit between bushing and tie rod.. any play at all, and the wheel is going to move.. this movement is expotentiated when driving... i had my wheels realigned twice before i ran across a post that told me the same thing... the alignment shop was nice enough to not mention the lose tie rods.. so, i was just donating to their lively hood....lol
anyway, hope this helps...