General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

94 Accord BLOWER works with car off and key out!

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 07:29 PM
Default 94 Accord BLOWER works with car off and key out!

i have a 94 accord and the cabin blower stays running when shut the car off along with the circulation light. has anyone ever heard of or seen this before or might have any idea where i could start checking?? any help would be greatly appreciated thanks!

Old 02-18-2011, 07:46 PM
Super Moderator

Do you have a volt meter?

Can you turn off the fan by turning the fan switch to off when you have the key out of the ignition?

Have you done any work inside of the car recently like installing a stereo, etc?

Old 02-18-2011, 08:00 PM

i do have a volt meter at work. and yes you can turn the fan off with the switch with the key out of the ignition. haha and yes i did just install a stereo today actually, but this happened when there wasnt even a radio in the car, and today i unplugged the wiring harness from the stereo and it still did it. also the stereo turns off as normal with the key off.

Last edited by jlpatterson; 02-18-2011 at 08:27 PM.
Old 02-18-2011, 08:41 PM
Super Moderator

If there was anything done on the car right before you started having this problem, then let us know.

Since you can turn off the fan using the switch, then the ground side of the circuit is ok.

You are getting power to blower relay and the recirculation motor with the key turned off and that should not be happening.

Your next step will be to pull the #8 fuse in the engine bay fuse box. It is 7.5 amp. See attached pic for location.

Let us know if the recirculation light and/or the blower are turned off when the key is removed.

Attached Thumbnails 94 Accord BLOWER works with car off and key out!-fuse.jpg  
Old 02-18-2011, 09:04 PM

ok i pulled the #8 fuse and the circulation light stayed on, i put it back in then pulled the middle relay in the diagram which should be the blower relay and that shut the blower off. maybe i need a new relay? that a possibity?

Old 02-18-2011, 11:21 PM
Super Moderator

I would replace the blower relay, if pulling #8 fuse did not turn off the blower fan in the car.

Something must be shorting in that relay.

Old 02-19-2011, 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by PAhonda
I would replace the blower relay, if pulling #8 fuse did not turn off the blower fan in the car.

Something must be shorting in that relay.

I think i'd try that too. on my 97, the blower stopped working IIRC, there'a another relay up under the hood you can use as a test replacement.

Old 02-19-2011, 08:29 AM

ok thanks. the relay under the hood is that in the fuse box? on passinger side of engine compartment?

Old 02-19-2011, 01:07 PM
Super Moderator

There are only two places for relays in the engine compartment, that fuse box on the passenger side of the car, and the abs fuse box.

There may be an identical relay that you can try out in there. Look at the numbers stamped on the blower relay. See if there is an identical relay that you can use temporarily to test this.

Old 02-23-2011, 12:13 PM
Default BLOWER works with car OFF key OUT!!

ok i tried a new relay and it did the same thing! what else can i try???

Quick Reply: 94 Accord BLOWER works with car off and key out!