General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

94 accord A/C

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 07:41 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default 94 accord A/C

I was wondering if anyone could help me with my A/C. When i press the ac button the light turns on and air blows in but no cold air. I know that the fan is suppose to turn on but it doesn't run. I recently replace my radiator fan and also having trouble cause my fan sometimes turn on and sometimes not. Anyway I was wondering if anyone could tell me where to look first so i can get started in fixing it. Besides the recharge is there anything I should look for for basic troubleshooting? Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Old 04-23-2010, 10:19 PM
Super Moderator

Before you blindly try to recharge, make sure you measure the pressure on the high and low side using an a/c manifold. Overcharging the system can cause something to burst and is very dangerous.

What I would do is start the car, turn on the a/c, and see if both fans turn on. I would also look at the a/c compressor clutch. When the a/c is turned on, is the clutch plate spinning with the a/c compressor pulley? (the clutch is between #7 and #8 in the picture below)

Let us know which fans are working and not, and also if the clutch plate is spinning.

Old 04-24-2010, 12:22 AM
Newest Of Newbies

i know for sure that when i turn on the car both fans are not working my radiator fan sometimes work and sometimes not i don't know why so, but i'll check the clutch as soon as i can and i'll let you know whats going on. thanks for the reply

Old 04-24-2010, 02:12 AM
Super Moderator

If you have a volt meter, unplug the electrical connection to both fans and check for 12V on each plug when the a/c is running. Also let us know what you find.

Old 05-07-2010, 07:07 PM
Newest Of Newbies

so far i turned on the ac but the radiator fan and the condenser fan did not turn on im trying to locate the clutch