General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

94 accord dome light always on.

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 01:02 PM
Default 94 accord dome light always on.

So I was driving home from the supermarket and the dome light, all 4 door lights, and the trunk light turned on. I thought that was weird, So I pulled the 7.5amp Interior Light fuse then I noticed my from left turn signal/running light was dead. Inserted the fuse back in and it works again. I am at a lost. Mechanical problems are one thing. Electrical, I don't even know where to start.

Old 12-16-2010, 01:46 PM
Super Moderator

Check the door switches first. Open each door and press the door switch, it has a rubber grommet covering it. If one of them is bad, just pull the rubber grommet off, usually one screw holds it on, on most Hondas. Then unplug electrical connector and replace.

Old 12-16-2010, 06:59 PM
Super Moderator

Tell us which lights turned on. I wasn't sure from your description if the indicator lights on the cluster turned on, or the actual lights on the door turned on.

Anyway, you may need a volt meter to do some testing. They cost <$20, and can help out when you run into electrical problems. Also, download the 94 shop manual from the online manuals thread in the DIY section. Then you can see the locations of certain items that we describe to you.

Old 12-16-2010, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by PAhonda
Tell us which lights turned on. I wasn't sure from your description if the indicator lights on the cluster turned on, or the actual lights on the door turned on.

Anyway, you may need a volt meter to do some testing. They cost <$20, and can help out when you run into electrical problems. Also, download the 94 shop manual from the online manuals thread in the DIY section. Then you can see the locations of certain items that we describe to you.
The lights on the doors itself is on. As well as the dome light and trunk light. The door indicator light on the cluster is not on. So essentially. Its as if a door is open. But they are closed.

The left turn light died when I pulled the Interior Light fuse so my battery wouldn't die.

I will try redbull-1's suggestions and see if its just a switch.

I do have a volt meter but only know how to check for continuity and voltage. I have the manual for my car and took a quick look with no luck.

Thanks

Old 12-16-2010, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by fusionstar
The lights on the doors itself is on. As well as the dome light and trunk light. The door indicator light on the cluster is not on. So essentially. Its as if a door is open. But they are closed.

The left turn light died when I pulled the Interior Light fuse so my battery wouldn't die.

I will try redbull-1's suggestions and see if its just a switch.

I do have a volt meter but only know how to check for continuity and voltage. I have the manual for my car and took a quick look with no luck.

Thanks

Turns out the ICU I replaced a few months ago was bad. Got a replacement and all is well again. Thanks guys.

Old 12-17-2010, 01:41 AM
Super Moderator

Glad you figured it out. Thanks for posting the fix.