General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

94 accord drivers side cv axle wont fit !!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2011, 09:28 AM
Default 94 accord drivers side cv axle wont fit !!!

Asked by hondanewbe on Oct 02, 2011

Hi I have a 1995 Honda accord I was changing the cv axle's ,while the rite one was easy It came out and the new one fit smoothly the left cv axle looked different from the one I got from advanced auto. I tried putting the new one it but it was not going in it looked like it was hitting the engine block.They were the same year but the old axle was long skinny and had a clip that bolted on the bottom and the new one doesn't have that . I can't seem to find the axle that looks like the old one any were please some one help!

Here is a link to a picture the old cv axle has that part in section 14 is on it but a regular cv axle doesn't so I'm stumped

Honda Automotive Parts

Old 10-02-2011, 10:07 AM
Super Moderator

If I'm reading this correctly, #14 stays on/with the car. The new/reman shaft should go into that and then to the wheel....

And I'm a bit confused-title say 94, body says 95 and the parts look up is a 97- Yes these are all in the same gen Accord but?

Old 10-02-2011, 10:55 AM
Administrator

Confusing to me also Scott..I see what you see in that link...

Angelo

Old 10-02-2011, 10:58 AM
Super Moderator

It also would help if we knew whether this is an automatic or manual transmission.

Old 10-02-2011, 09:09 PM

Its a manual transmition and the part actually fits all those models . I found out its called a sectional axle or somthing like that . I had my buddy tear down an axle use the good barrings the long skinny part that goes into the tranny and the new acordian rubber peace that goes over the ball berrings. It works better but it was a pain in the *** to do and it still pops a bit if I turn to hard. The good news is it will give us time to figure out were to get the part from or how to get ther part working rite. Any sugestions is welcomed

Old 10-02-2011, 09:40 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by hondanewbe
Its a manual transmition and the part actually fits all those models . I found out its called a sectional axle or somthing like that . I had my buddy tear down an axle use the good barrings the long skinny part that goes into the tranny and the new acordian rubber peace that goes over the ball berrings. It works better but it was a pain in the *** to do and it still pops a bit if I turn to hard. The good news is it will give us time to figure out were to get the part from or how to get ther part working rite. Any sugestions is welcomed

It called an intermediate shaft or a half shaft assembly. For the 5th generation Accords with 4 cylinders, they principally came on the manual transmission and not the automatics. The 6 cylinder automatic transmissions had a different intermediate shaft.

The attached picture shows where it goes.

This thread shows an actual picture of the part.
https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/for...ft-help-28955/

Attached Thumbnails 94 accord drivers side cv axle wont fit !!!-intermediate-shaft.jpg  
Old 10-02-2011, 09:45 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by poorman212
If I'm reading this correctly, #14 stays on/with the car. The new/reman shaft should go into that and then to the wheel....
^^^^^

Old 05-19-2012, 08:47 PM

Working on my 97 with Manual tranny...I can not get the cv axle out from the intermediate shaft...
I've pryed for hours.....I've got the entire shaft out now....any ideas? Heat? I've got a solvent soaking on it over night...

Old 05-19-2012, 10:50 PM
Super Moderator

Watch this video: How To Replace a Front Wheel Drive Axle - YouTube

The method to remove the driver's side is the same as the passenger side.

Old 05-20-2012, 07:07 AM

I agree, it should pop on out, however, the outter cv axle is stuck in the intermediate shaft. I'm going to give it another try and then hit the junk yards...

Quick Reply: 94 accord drivers side cv axle wont fit !!!