General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

94 Accord EX

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 10:39 AM
David Smith
Unregistered
Default 94 Accord EX

I have just purchased a 94 Accord EX. I love it. I need to replace the drivers inside door handle. I have the part
but do not know how to R&R it. Also the temp. control **** (heat / air cond.) does not activate the heater control valve. I can move the control valve by hand. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

[/align]
Thank You, for your help. I have successfully replaced the door handle. I still need some help with the temp. control, (hot/cold) problem. It appears that it is activated by a cable, probably attached to the temp. control ****. How do I get to the back of this **** to see if the cable is not attached or is loose?

Old 11-26-2007, 10:52 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: 94 Accord EX

For the door handle, there is a screw in the middle behind the lever. Take that out and pull the plastic forward a bit and slide it toward the front (I think, going by memory). There is a metal rod connected that works the release. On the end of the rod is a plastic connector. Push the connector back to release it and then the rod should be able to lift up and out of the old handle. Do everything backward with the new one and you're done.

For the heater control, look under the hood near the firewall for a valve on the hose to the heater core. There should be a cable attached to it and the controls in the car. see if this valve can move and also look to see that the cable is connected and taut.

Old 11-26-2007, 01:12 PM
David Smith
Unregistered

Thank You, for your help. I have successfully replaced the door handle. I still need some help with the temp. control, (hot/cold) problem. It appears that it is activated by a cable, probably attached to the temp. control ****. How do I get to the back of this **** to see if the cable is not attached or is loose?

Old 11-26-2007, 02:30 PM

to get that out you have to remove the whole plastic assembly. Here's the manual pages, get an old t-shirt and cover the end of your flathead screwdriver and you'll have a lot less chance of scratching/denting stuff.

[IMG]local://upfiles/3079/706D3D0D0E4E47389DB336D98A6E5F27.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/3079/D06B95027FE0453DBE87833FAFB23E81.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-26-2007, 04:12 PM
David Smith
Unregistered

Thank You, this will be very helpful !!!!!

Old 11-26-2007, 04:14 PM

no problem, let us know the fix when you get it done!