General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

94 Accord Lx Aluminum AC Line

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 02:39 AM
Default 94 Accord Lx Aluminum AC Line

I have a leak in the aluminum AC line that runs right underneath the battery compartment on the front left. I called Honda and they said a new one is 151.00. Ok, that is fine, but when I mentioned it to a few of my mechanic friends they said that I will need to replace the reciever-dryer also. I need to know if this is true and why? Also what is the correct procedure for replacing the line? Thanks

BTW...does any of that AC sealant really work?

peace out,
daddy

Old 04-13-2007, 03:04 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: 94 Accord Lx Aluminum AC Line

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...-PIPES+%281%29

which line is it ?? the bigger line ( suction) the smaller line ( discharge) ,, depends on the line you will need different size tools ,,
if you look at the picture it is pretty basic how to replace the hose...you have to remove the battery + the battery tray, of course discharge the a/c system, assuming there is any freon left.,, then remove the line that needs replacing .. i would take a good look at both lines , i have seen both leak after battery acid gets on them,,
Make sure to get new o-rings , to avoid a leak after reinstalling .. and NO you do not have to replace the rec drier but it is a safe thing to do if system has been open for a long while
Once line (s) has ( have ) been replaced , then you need to put system under a vacc for at least 30 minutes then recharge with R 134A,, you will need around 20 ozs ,, i would also put some dye into the system and recheck again in a few days for any more leaks
And 1 last thing if you have an anti-theft radio make sure that you have the code .. once you disconnect the battery the code will be gone and you need to input it back in , if you want to listen to the radio