General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'94 Accord- Needs Some Attention

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2006, 08:38 PM
2ManyHondas
Unregistered
Default '94 Accord- Needs Some Attention

I just got a '94 Accord 4cyl. 4dr. Auto. with 100k miles that has been in my family since new. It was bought in January of '94, so I'm always worried that some things might happen to it because of it's early build. It has two main problems. Most importantly, I'm afraid that the transmission may be going. It takes forever for it to "clunk" into gear when I shift from park, and it slips into gear; When I have it at a pretty constant rate of acceleration, it revs real high between shifts, especially between 3rd and 4th at about 3k rpm. The second problem is that it randomely won't start. It might be a hot start issue, because all the times I can remember it happening it was hot. It just sits there and cranks and cranks, and it'll eventually fire, but if I give it any gas right away, it dies again. Whenever it gets started, it runs fine, and it'll start right up the next time. That's all I can think of right now, and I appreciate any information that you can give. Also, if I didn't make anything clear enough, please ask and I'll clarify.

Matthew

Old 01-18-2006, 01:58 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: '94 Accord- Needs Some Attention

early build? whats wrong with that? i would almost say that they were made better back then, they were lower tech, but that just means there is less **** to go wrong. now that i have worked out any bugs in my old honda i bets it about ready to run indefinately. and its already got 250k on it. your slush box does have a definate life span to it though, just like a clutch, but yours is much more expensive. the hot start problem i also have, i think its the fuel relay. no big deal, if you click the key to on and wait about 2 seconds before cranking it over, that problem should become all but nonexistent.

lightshow