General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

94 Accord stalled while driving,flashing D4 light

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 07:22 PM
Default 94 Accord stalled while driving,flashing D4 light

I've hade a 1994 accord ex about 4 years , it recently, before shifting to the next gear sputters, then kicks in to gear. Two days ago, while driving the car it stalled out. It cranked but would not start back up. I noticed the D4 light on the dash blinking continuously when the key was on. Ended up towing it! I found this website an proceeded with doing research. Here's what I come up with.
PAhonda
Super Moderator
2005 Acura TSX

The D4 light blinking means the transmission computer is detecting a problem. Find out the problem by getting the DTC code.

To check the codes follow the instructions on this site:

http://www.dhost.info/accordinfo/howto/cel.html

Use a thin paperclip to short the connector. Count the D4 light to get the Tranny code(s). Count the Check Engine Light to get the Engine Codes.

I've done this an my CEL stays on(dose not blink), the D4 light flashes are as follows: 1 short, 8 short, 1 long, 3 short, 1 long, 4 short. I think it is(if I read right) codes:
19 Automatic Transmission Lock Up Control Solenoid Valve defective circuit or unplugged / defective solenoid valve.
13 BARO Sensor (Atmospheric Pressure) defective circuit or unplugged / defective sensor.
4 CKP Sensor (Crankshaft Position Sensor) defective circuit or unplugged / defective sensor.

Thanks a ton to PAhonda for his past posts! If anyone can further help me out by telling me if this is correct or what it could be, it would much appreciated. Hope im wrong, this thing may see the scrapyard soon because I don't have the funds nor the tools combat this issue. Thanks Much!

Attached Images  
Old 01-14-2013, 10:36 PM
Newest Of Newbies

If this is flashing from the d4 button then u got those codes confused. What im getting is 1,8,13, 14

These are the codes

1-Lock-up solenoid 'A' circuit open or shorted.
8-Shift Solenoid 'B' circuit open or shorted
13-Main shaft speed pulse generator open or shorted.
14-Linear (line pressure control) solenoid open or shorted.

Old 01-15-2013, 04:36 PM

There is no D4 button on the dash, but I think I know what you mean. Not good news! TY