General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

94 Accord stalled, will crank but won't turn over. D4 is blinking. I've got the codes

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 02:40 PM

Gotcha... I'll check that this evening when its not quite so hot.

Old 08-13-2012, 02:47 PM

You need new front rotors and probably pads too, then flush the system with new fluid.

Old 08-13-2012, 04:09 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Crystal
Gotcha... I'll check that this evening when its not quite so hot.
All of us "read" things a bit differently. I'm stuck on the "puff" of smoke and smell as something burnt out......ign switch, main relay, could be the ecu. Could be a combination of things. Just trying to narrow it down.

I see and understand exactly where PA is thinking/going. I'm just giving another idea as to the issue........

Old 08-13-2012, 04:16 PM

Fuel system is probably clogged. The last stretch it was running probably tripped a bunch of tranny codes because the engine was running erratically

Old 08-13-2012, 04:40 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by doctorbee
Fuel system is probably clogged. The last stretch it was running probably tripped a bunch of tranny codes because the engine was running erratically
Really?

Old 08-13-2012, 04:52 PM

Just a guess. Need to test for spark, fuel, fix problem, reset ecu.

Old 08-13-2012, 05:03 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by doctorbee
Just a guess. Need to test for spark, fuel, fix problem, reset ecu.
doctorbee - how about we slow down a bit and go by the book or by personal knowledge of things. If you are going to guess, I do at some point, please state that. At least give the reasoning behind that guess.

OP - Sorry for all of this.

Old 08-13-2012, 05:46 PM

Poorman212... Ok when the car is in the 2 position am I supposed to be able to visually see a spark from the yellow & black wire? I see nothing.
Also don't know if it makes any difference but my oil and battery lights ares on. I've checked all the fluids and they are full and the battery is brand new.

”I had the a/c on and I noticed this strong numbing smell shoot putt of my a/c vents. It was a chemical smell of some sort.” This was part of my original post, the word ”putt” was supposed to be the word ”out”. And the smell wasn't like something burning.... This might sound dumb but it smelt like a really strong magic marker. Maybe the freon from the a/c system?

So I'm just wondering where I should start first with the process of elimination... The fuel filter and fuel pump, which I wouldn't attempt to do myself our the ECU which I have found a few under $60 that I would try to install myself.

Old 08-13-2012, 06:38 PM

Do a spark test, there are videos on YouTube that can help.

Then do a fuel test.

Old 08-13-2012, 08:44 PM

There is no indication that something is burning our has burnt up...
ie: no smoke or burning smell

I did a spark test with a spare plug and no spark.
Possibly the rotor?

Quick Reply: 94 Accord stalled, will crank but won't turn over. D4 is blinking. I've got the codes