General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

94 Honda Accord Making Weird Noise

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2023, 07:41 AM
Default 94 Honda Accord Making Weird Noise

My 94 honda accord started making an odd noise under the hood left side of the motor yesterday. The best way to describe it would be a buzzing noise. Before I noticed the noise the car has had issues overheating. No coolant leaks that I can find anywhere. So I bought a thermostat, and was going to start there. The overheating issue is the temp guage will rise when i push the gas and usually go down when im not or when I stop, but if I sit for too long it will start to rise again. When I stop and turn the car off I also notice a burnt rubber smell as well. Other than replacing the thermostat possible the water pump if the thermostat doesn't fix the issue im stumped especially with the odd buzzing noise and the burnt rubber smell. I do know the basics I guess you'd say with repairing my car but im no mechanic for sure, and could use some help. I have a video of the noise but unsure how to add it or if I can. Anyway any help advice tips or information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Old 08-06-2023, 11:48 AM
Super Moderator

Try to pinpoint the best you can the noise you hear. Possible culprits are the abs pump or anything driven by the serpentine belt.

The overheating is more concerning. I'd probably start by pressure testing the coolant system to see if it can hold about 15 psi of pressure. Hopefully you don't have a blown head gasket causing the issue.