General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

94 Stalling issue when operating temp

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2013, 07:49 PM
Default 94 Stalling issue when operating temp

Just bought a 94 Accord. Im having an issue whenever slowing down for a stop that it stalls out, and then will restart right away sometimes and other times it will take a few minutes. Ive read a lot of threads with the exact problem and theyve replaced the EFI main relay, distributor components, fuel pumps, ECMs ect, and they are all still having the problem. I was wondering if anyone could shed some new light on this issue and tell me if theyve figured it out. Thanks for your help!

Old 07-29-2013, 09:10 PM
Super Moderator

How many miles are on the maintenance items, like dist. cap, dist. rotor, and spark plugs.

I would also check for codes.

If the car always stalls out when coming to a stop, try putting the car in neutral, then come to a stop.

Old 07-30-2013, 06:01 PM
Super Moderator

And to add to the check list from PA.....the IACV and FITV should get a good cleaning.....while there the TB should get one too....get both sides of the butterfly and be sure to get some cleaner into both "ports" on the back/firewall side of the tb.

Old 07-30-2013, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by PAhonda
How many miles are on the maintenance items, like dist. cap, dist. rotor, and spark plugs.

I would also check for codes.

If the car always stalls out when coming to a stop, try putting the car in neutral, then come to a stop.
Im planning on doing a full tune up this weekend (plugs, wires, cap and rotor) I have no idea how old they are. No codes popping up at all and if i put it in neutral and hit the gas slightly itll stay running.

Old 07-30-2013, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by poorman212
And to add to the check list from PA.....the IACV and FITV should get a good cleaning.....while there the TB should get one too....get both sides of the butterfly and be sure to get some cleaner into both "ports" on the back/firewall side of the tb.
Ill give this a try as well thanks for the input!

Old 07-30-2013, 09:35 PM
Super Moderator

Only use the NGK zfr5f-11 spark plugs that you can get at most parts stores for you car.

The OEM spark plug wires seem to last forever. If you want to replace them, I would get NGK or Denso spark plug wires as they are good quality.

I suggest OEM distributor cap and distributor rotor, but others one here have not had problems with the aftermarket parts.