General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

95 accord lx headlights won't work but high beams do please help

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2015, 03:29 PM
Default 95 accord lx headlights won't work but high beams do please help

i have a 95 honda accord lx 2.2l auto. my car i went to turn headlights on and one worked so i turned off and back on headlights and they both stopped working. i figured it was bad bulbs so i changed them out and still they aren't working. my high beams and turn signals etc work fine just not my low beams. i think maybe the relay is no good? or a bad wire somewhere? how do i check and where do i start to test everything? thank you for your help in advance!!

Old 09-25-2015, 07:03 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

Low beams and High beams are powered by same relay so if highs are working relay is not the problem.

A faulty dim side switch on the column would disable low beams and possibly work for high beams. New/used column switch is easy fix.

Low beams are directly grounded to separate grounds. Suggest also checking the grounds G301 and G201. These are located behind bumper on front end of frame.

good luck

Old 09-25-2015, 07:55 PM

Can you by chance show me a pic of where grounds are? Or tell me if i can access them without taking apart the car? I checked relay and it seems yo be working fine so its switch grounds or broken wire i guess. I not very good with electical my horn and ac isnt kicking on. I wouldnt care much but car needs to pass inspection because i am selling next week. So i checked one of the ground spots on driverside and it seemed ok. could i just add a ground for both headlights? I am wonderong if bad gound is the reason my horn doesnt work anymore

Last edited by stenny; 09-25-2015 at 09:37 PM.
Old 09-26-2015, 09:54 AM

I've attached ground locations.

Actually, I suspect bad column hi/lo beam selection switch is more likely the problem, since two separate bad grounds seems unlikely.

good luck

Attached Files
Old 09-26-2015, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by TexasHonda
I've attached ground locations.

Actually, I suspect bad column hi/lo beam selection switch is more likely the problem, since two separate bad grounds seems unlikely.

good luck
Yes i think your right because thats exactlt what i thought and i think horn is relay or button also. High beams work perfectly. So i need to look up how to change headlight switch

Old 09-26-2015, 01:49 PM

Attached is replacement of combination light switch.

Note, horn is wired separately from combination light switch and goes through the cable reel. So are the cruise control switches on steering wheel.

good luck

Attached Files
Old 09-26-2015, 08:10 PM

i ordered a new headlight switch. now i just need to see whats up with the horns. i tested them with my jump pack and they work but when you press button they dont. i hear a click not sure if its the relay or steering wheel button clicking

Old 09-30-2015, 08:23 AM

I just found a broken wire its a skinny brown wire with white broken lines going down it it was in front near passanger corner light. Can someone tell me what ot is and where it connects to it comes out of the wiring bunch and is broken right there i qonder if this has something to do with my ac, headlight, or horns not working

Last edited by stenny; 09-30-2015 at 08:46 AM.
Old 09-30-2015, 09:38 AM

Broken wires should have two ends. Find the loose ends and reconnect.

Ground location is near the front side marker also.

good luck

Old 09-30-2015, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by TexasHonda
Broken wires should have two ends. Find the loose ends and reconnect.

Ground location is near the front side marker also.

good luck
So now i have driverside one working fine and the passangerside is flickering this car has after market hids i just replaced bulbs and ballast on but the flickering makes me thing maybe a bad ground or somethinf but i checked tbe ground block and it seems like all wires are good and it seems fine so i wonder if i should just try adding a ground inline with headlight ground to make a better ground for all the grounds and see if that will make light turn on and srop flickering