General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

95 Accord Lx Replacment Viration eliminator (exhaust)

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2014, 07:44 PM
Default 95 Accord Lx Replacment Viration eliminator (exhaust)

Hi Guy's I have a 95 Accord Lx 2.2 non vetech auto sedan.
The Vibration eliminator that is off of the head pipe and before the Cat. Is shot.
I have been looking around and basicly have not found what I'm looking for as of yet. The local parts stores are all coming up empty Napa has sugested a pipe welded In. I would like to find a replacment because this piece has a support Rod that basicly holds the font of the system up and keeps it from bouncing and eventually breaking apart. Anyone have a source? Or exact measurements?
Thanks in advance!

Old 09-28-2014, 08:04 AM
Super Moderator

I think you are talking about the "front downpipe"? A pic would be nice.

I think what you are running into is the fact that the OE pipe has the mesh/flex section where many of the aftermarket replacements do not.

Old 09-28-2014, 03:07 PM

Yes that is correct. I have looked on Rock auto and to be honest I am not sure what one to get. They look like simple short sections.. I have gone to Napa and they are not sure because it's an (older) car... Any idea of what walker or other pt # it will be??

Old 09-29-2014, 06:19 PM

Ok so the part that I am referring to Is the 2# piece off of the head pipe. I searched all over then started looking at the dealers on line. Well that is when I realized that the exhaust is for Cali Emmissions? The weird part is the sticker user the hood which appears original says it's a standard emission car?? At ny rate this part all 12inchs give or take is expensive! However it is available and I want to continue driving the ole Girl since the funds are,well.... Let's just say I should rename myself to Poorest Man Lol!
Thanks for the help and with any luck she will keep on trucking! At least for another year or so.....