General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

96 Accord

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 08:17 PM
thepkilla
Unregistered
Default 96 Accord

Hey guys. I need some help. I need to know if the crankshaft sensor has a wheel or some sort of reluctor ring on the crankshaft that it uses to get a signal. If so, does anyone know how many teeth or pickups it has? I have an LX with aF22B2 engine.

Old 11-01-2008, 06:24 AM
Super Moderator : And A Texan
Default RE: 96 Accord

I believe the 94-97 Accords have thecrankshaft position sensor in the distributor. My 94 certainly does.

good luck

Old 11-01-2008, 02:39 PM
thepkilla
Unregistered

I do have a sensor in the distributor, but thats the camshaft position sensor. I also have a crankshaft position sensor right next to the oil pan. Thanks tho. I will be removing the lower timing cover later today so that I can see for myself. I need this information because I am installing a megasquirt 1 v3 into my accord. Just trying to get the crankshaft sensor input finished this weekend. I am also installing a set ofhigh impedence 30 lb injectors along with a custom fuel rail and fuel pressure regulator.

Anyone that has already installed a MS in their accord is definately encouraged to email me. thepkilla@hotmail.com

Thanks again

Old 11-03-2008, 09:31 AM
Super Moderator

During the 96-98 years it was changed around a few times.

I think 96 is like this...
TDC = top dead center sensor inside distributor
CKP = crankshaft position sensor inside distributor
CYP = cylinder position sensor inside distributor
CKF = crankshaft FLUCTUATION sensor at lower front cover.

CKF is used to detect misfiring for OBD-2 requirement while the CKP remains inside the distributor.

And I dont know how many poles are on the CKP pulser...