General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

96 Accord

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2017, 02:09 PM

No. Do you know of a cheap scanner that will? I'd love to know exactly what the problem is without going to a dealer. Thx in advance.

Old 01-07-2017, 02:31 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Originally Posted by mvsimmons
No. Do you know of a cheap scanner that will? I'd love to know exactly what the problem is without going to a dealer. Thx in advance.
I don't know about cheap, but I use an Actron CP9575 for OBD II testing. I know it gives "live data" as I've looked at the readings on my 99 Accord, my wife's 00 Accord, and my son's 07 Civic with it. I think I got it at CarQuest, or O'Reilly's or somebody like that. But I can't remember which/who, as it's been a while.

Old 01-08-2017, 07:12 PM
Almost A Senior Member
Default scanner

Originally Posted by mvsimmons
I have a Launch scanner,,model ABC 123 it streams live data and can do most of what the high dollar scanners will do,,expect to pay about 350-450 for it,,I would clean the throttle body,,put in a set of NGK plugs in it and a bottle of LUCAS fuel system treatment in it,,,the drive the **** out of it to blow out the carbon build up,.,,I use lucas 2 or 3 times a year,,works wonders...

Old 01-08-2017, 07:37 PM
Super Moderator

I bought a bluetooth obd2 reader on amazon and purchased torque pro for my phone. It works ok and works as an inexpensive reader. The torque interface on my phone is a bit cumbersome.

I think harbor freight sells scanners that can work for you.