General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

'96 Honda accord

Old 08-11-2016, 09:04 PM
Default '96 Honda accord

Hi. My car recently has been giving my starting trouble. Every now and then it won't start and I'll hear a single click sound. Then a few minutes later it will usually start, but now it's not even doing that. The dash lights come on as they should, Windows work as they should, along with headlights and radio. So far I've checked all fuses under the hood, as well as replacing the starter, since I've read it sounds like a solenoid problem. I have also tried jump starting thinking the battery could be dead since it hasn't been driving for awhile. The car will push start and then runs normally. The wires and connectors are free from corrosion and I'm lost on any other issues that may cause the problem.

Old 08-11-2016, 09:54 PM
Super Moderator

You need to do some electrical testing. Do you have a volt meter and know how to check for 12V on a wire?

Old 08-11-2016, 10:46 PM

I do not have a volt meter, I'm thinking of just taking it in to a mechanic. I am sure it's something stupid simple.

Old 08-12-2016, 09:30 AM
Almost A Senior Member

Check your ground cable. Single click indicates a bad or loose connection, Could also be the starter, multiple clicks indicate a bad or low battery. Good luck.

Search this Thread