General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

96 lx sedan question!

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 04:45 AM
623baller
Unregistered
Default 96 lx sedan question!

Hi all,

i dont know if this is the right place to post this but here we go.

-i'm looking to do my 90k service soon, and i am wondering what is a fair price WITHOUT the timing belt service i did that around 87k.

-also, i got a fat *** dent in my passenger side front fender ( that part above the wheel) , it's about the size of a fist, basically , it looks like a fat person sat on it and sunk in.
( i actually don't know why it got dented because i was out of town when that happened). I was wondering if its possible to some how fix the dent or it needs replacement. sorry i dont have a pic , but i'll try to post one later.

-MySRS light is on, do i need to go to a dealer to get that straightne out, what needs to be done when the srs light is on? what's the cost? (never been deployed)

So, can anyone give me fair estimates on 90k service and fixing the dent, so i can get a ball park range in terms of walking in or away from body shops.

Located in Northern California, Bay Area

Thanks a lot!

Old 02-22-2007, 08:33 PM
Default RE: 96 lx sedan question!

if the dent is creased (meaning there is a visible seam not just an inverted buble like appearance) it's harder to remove and will cost more, the difference between a $400.00 dent repair and a $100.00 dent repair isn't much so it's hard to give you a cost estimate on that.... depending on how big/deep it is there are a couple of options, 1) Toilet plunger, get a good one, stick it on and make sure it's sealed well and pull the dent out 2) Dry ice (this is used most commonly for hail damage repairs) get the area fairly warm/heated (I.E. oustide in the hot sun for a few hours) and then pour some dry ice over it and it will "suck" that dent out 3) remove the inner fender well flairing and gently tap it out with a rubber mallet, sometimes using a 2x4 or block of wood and beating on the end of it helps do this more easily

Old 02-23-2007, 04:39 AM
623baller
Unregistered
Default RE: 96 lx sedan question!

wow thanks a lot, i guess i will try the DIY tips!

VERY COOL , THANKS MODERATOR!