General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

97 ACCORD SE Factory Alarm-Remote Start

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 08:44 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default 97 ACCORD SE Factory Alarm-Remote Start

OK, someone please help me....

I have a 97 Accord Se with the factory alarm, I recently purchased it from a lil ole woman who had a remote start installed a long time ago. She said she never really had a chance to use it and handed me two remotes...

Long story short... the remote start is from SideWinder and has an alarm built into it as well...when u start the car remotely the factory alarm goes off...meaning that I have to jump up and run outside to stick the key in the driver door and unluck the doors to turn off the factory alarm. This obviously doesnt make any sense, cause if i wanted to walk out to unlock the doors, i could just start the car while I am out there!!

Anyone have any ideas how I could bypass this...I think I found the bypass wire on the alarm module under the dash, but what do i need to hook it up to?

thanks

Old 11-19-2007, 09:17 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: 97 ACCORD SE Factory Alarm-Remote Start

why not just never arm your factory alarm?

Im not sure if either alarms have this capability, but most aftermarket alarms have a "factory alarm disable" wire that you tap into a wire that disarms the factory alarm. Try to find out if either are compatable, and if so, try wiring it up.

Old 11-19-2007, 11:16 PM
rsanchez
Unregistered
Default RE: 97 ACCORD SE Factory Alarm-Remote Start

I have the same thing, 97 accord with remote start. When I had it installed, I was told never to use the factory remote in conjunction with the new remote. Also, never use the key or door lock switch to lock your doors. Simply use the new remote to lock and unlock your doors and you will be fine. Now and again I loan my car to my inlaws. They use the key to lock/unlock the doors and the system goes haywire. I tell them always use the new remote and there are no problems. If you accidentally forget, put the key in the driver side door and lock/unlock itand the alarm turns off and seems to reset. Then just use your new remote from there on out.