General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

97 honda accord Vtech CEL

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 08:29 PM
powermac867
Unregistered
Default 97 honda accord Vtech CEL

I am new to this site and out of all the posters here seem to know what they are talking about, hence my post..

I have an issue that I can't seem to find the answer to on any sites, hopefully posting here will lead me to an answer.

I have a 1997 Honda Accord with a V-Tech engine with 199999 miles on it. The issue is that I bought the car used with the check engine light on thinking it would be a simple fix.

This is all I have had done to the car and the CEL is still on with an error code that there is a misfire in cylinders 1&2.

NEW:
Spark Plugs
Spark Plug Wires
Rotor
Rotor Button
Timing Belt
Thermostat
Valve Cover gaskets
Radiator hoses
Radiator Flush
Oil Change
Transmission Flush

The car does seem to idle a bid rough almost as if it wants to stall but never does when I'm stopped. When driving usually above 50mph the light flashes. Sometimes it will flash 4 times and then go off and then flash 4 times again probably a mile or two down the road. The 4 times is not a constant, there are times it will flash 3 times or 12 times or 19 times it varies. But seems to only do it when I'm on the highway. The car does not seem to run oddly when the light flashes so that's why I'm stumped. I did read on several sites that driving with the flashing light on could damage the catalytic converter but it sounds like to me that they are referring to the fact of it flashing all the time not just going over a certain speed. I have had the codes reset several times and it always says there's a misfire in cylinders 1&2.

Any suggestions or ANSWERS would be greatly appreciated...https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/for...lies/smile.gif

Old 10-16-2009, 09:38 PM
Super Moderator

Stop by an autozone and actually get the error code. It will be the letter P followed by four numbers.

Old 10-17-2009, 09:59 AM
powermac867
Unregistered

I think the guy that checked the codes said they were p0301 and p0302. Hope this helps thanks.

I did clean the EGR valve today and noticed there was no gasket present, could this cause the above issues?

Thanks in advance again.