General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

98' Accord door locks & windows

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 12:07 AM
islandhonda
Unregistered
Default 98' Accord door locks & windows

Hello, I have a '98 Accord. My power door locks recently stopped working. Also the power windows work, but the right side windows won't work from the driver door (they will work however from their own door). It looks like all of the fuses are fine. Can anyone help?

Old 10-13-2009, 07:16 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome newbie!

What kind of 98?
I think the Accord EX has multiplexer units in the doors to do that stuff, while the LX has more conventional circuits.

If you have an EX, search here & in the General Tech area for "multiplexer reset" or something like that. There's a strange procedure where you set some switches a certian way & then turn on the car.

Old 10-14-2009, 12:49 AM
islandhonda
Unregistered

Its an LX. Thanks.

Old 10-14-2009, 04:30 AM
Super Moderator

Have you checked ALL the fuses? There's fuseboxes in both ends of the dashboard, as well as in the engine compartment.

Try the passenger-door windows, from the drivers door switch. Do they make any noise at all? Clicking, groaning, like the motor is trying to work?

I think there's a link to a repair manual in a sticky-post here. It might be an iso file, in which case you have to burn it to a CD before it's readable. Wiring drawings!

Old 10-30-2009, 08:31 AM
tduck
Unregistered
Default 1998 Honda Accord LX

My car did exactly the same thing, I found this on All Experts.com, and it worked!!
Reboot the brain, with the ignition off, set the intermittent wiper control to the middle position, then turn the car on. This resets the brain and gets things back to normal.

*turn the ignition off
*intermittent wiper set to middle position
*ignition back on
*back in business

Old 10-30-2009, 09:08 AM
tduck
Unregistered

My low fuel light and my light on my clock stopped working about a year ago, how do you check the bulbs? Need advice on what the issue may be?

Old 08-27-2010, 10:38 AM
Default Worked great for me!

Thanks so much...this was driving me crazy! I even ordered a new master switch and that didn't help at all. Thanks again for everyone's help!!

Originally Posted by tduck
My car did exactly the same thing, I found this on All Experts.com, and it worked!!
Reboot the brain, with the ignition off, set the intermittent wiper control to the middle position, then turn the car on. This resets the brain and gets things back to normal.

*turn the ignition off
*intermittent wiper set to middle position
*ignition back on
*back in business

Old 09-11-2010, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by simply2low
Thanks so much...this was driving me crazy! ...*snip*...Thanks again for everyone's help!!
Search is a wonderful thing...I'm the new owner of a one-owner 1998 Accord LX sedan that really was driven by a little old lady in north Texas.

The reboot worked like a champ. My search terms were simply "power" + "locks"...and instant relief in 0.2 minutes.

This is a great forum.

OF

Old 09-11-2010, 09:19 PM
Administrator
Thumbs up Hi Member

We love the search forum ourselves, that's why we keep telling every one to use it 1st..problem is that some folks are too lazy to look it up themselves..guess you will always have that .

WheelBrokerAng

Attached Thumbnails 98' Accord door locks & windows-capt_b5603bb3015619d4fa7cdb30f477933e.jpg  
Old 08-11-2011, 01:44 PM

I'm having a very similar problem. The power locks aren't functioning properly from either the driver or passenger side for all doors. Also, the passenger windows jolt up and down when controlled from the driver side but roll smoothly when controlled from the passenger side. I checked my fuses both under the hood and in the passenger side fusebox, and I also tried the 'brain reboot' technique, neither of which seems to help. Is there a video demonstrating the 'brain reboot'? Maybe I'm doing it wrong...

Quick Reply: 98' Accord door locks & windows