General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

98' Accord door locks & windows

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 03:02 PM

Might as well explain my problems also, I have already had other issues that I fixed due to this forum so Thanks to everyone first.

I just purchased a '98 accord EX manual trans and everything now is working well except the drivers and passenger front door locks. I have to do the drivers door manually only but I can hear it lock or try to lock the other doors when it is pushed. My remote will do the rear doors sometimes but other times it won't do anything. I actually did make it do the lock and beep the horn a couple of times but it won't do it now. I have tried a few times to do the reset but nothing changed. The passenger front door tries to lock but won't actually go up or down except manually. It jumps but doesn't go all the way. All the windows and sunroof work perfectly just the locks. The question is should I start with the multiplexer or the actual door locks to begin the replacement process?

Old 09-03-2011, 07:51 AM
Super Moderator

I'd start with testing/inspecting the door lock actuators.

Old 09-03-2011, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by poorman212
I'd start with testing/inspecting the door lock actuators.
Hi,

Newbie here. How do you test the door lock actuators? Thanks.

Old 09-03-2011, 11:52 PM

Hi everyone. I am having the same problem as nerdbrain. Did anyone respond to his problem. My power locks dont work. drivers side and passenger front windows dont work any suggestions. tks

Old 09-13-2011, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by nerdBrain
I'm having a very similar problem. The power locks aren't functioning properly from either the driver or passenger side for all doors. Also, the passenger windows jolt up and down when controlled from the driver side but roll smoothly when controlled from the passenger side. I checked my fuses both under the hood and in the passenger side fusebox, and I also tried the 'brain reboot' technique, neither of which seems to help. Is there a video demonstrating the 'brain reboot'? Maybe I'm doing it wrong...
I had the same exact issue and thought I was following the directions correctly. Instead of just turning the ignition to the "on" position, I was actually starting the car. When I correctly turned the ignition on without starting, it worked. Good luck.