General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

electrical problems- door locks/windows/seatbelt

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 06:01 PM
mark28269
Unregistered
Default electrical problems- door locks/windows/seatbelt

Does the car computer also control the door locks, seat beltsand the window electronics.

Door locks- when I lock the driver door it unlocks the other three doors. So I thought it was obvious to take the switch out and switch the wires around so that now this door works like the others. NO,it now does the same but now when I lock the driver door it would unlock the other three doors. What is going on?

The windows- rear left, I thought the motor was burned out.While replacing the driver door motor I noticed that if I push up on the switch to the back left (in driver door panel) and then push down on the back left window switch it will go down. To get it back up, I push down on the rear switch on the driver door panel. It goes up automatically. strange.What is going on?

Driver self strapping seatbelt- When I open the door it locks you in.When I close the door it opens (moves to the front). I cannot use the seatbelt. How do I fix this?

Old 01-08-2008, 09:07 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: electrical problems- door locks/windows/seatbelt

as far as the locks go, are you trying to say that when you reversed the switch it worked exactly the same?
are you pressing the switch or just locking the door?
you need to be more descriptive.

Windows, good luck. sounds like either a wiring problem or a switch problem, if the problem is exactly how you described. you might have to do some major wire tracing, which trust me, is not fun. Nor easy. Your better off taking it to a dealership.

As far as the seatbelts go, i believe honda has a 250k mile warranty on the seatbelts, take them in and they should fix them.

Put your year/model/transmission type/trim in your profile, as well as tell us what it is.