General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Passenger windows & locks do not work!

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2013, 01:39 PM
Bri
Smile Passenger windows & locks do not work!

Hi,
I want to start off by saying I have used the search to find my problem, but I am having trouble narrowing in on my issue. So I am sorry if this has been answered already.
I have a 2000 Honda Accord v-6 with 4 doors.
Yesterday my power windows and power locks stopped working. The drivers window will work and all the other windows will work, but not from the drivers side controll (master controll I think). Also the power door lock switch at the drivers door will not open or lock any of the doors(no noise), but the passengers side lock switch will work and open the doors (it is weak though). Also if I use the key to open the doors, by turning and holding to the right, it does not work. I have checked the fuses under the hood (40 watts) and it is good. My question is should I get a new master controll switch or have the multiplexer replaced. I am 16 and would like to try and fix this myself and if I am unable, I don't want to get ripped off.

Thank You very much for any help!
Bri
P.S. I tried the reset (putting the wiper speed controll in the middle), it did not work.

Old 10-09-2013, 02:22 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

They share a common ground that might cause problems if loose or corroded. It's G401, behind the left (drivers) kick panel, beneath the under dash fuse/relay box.

good luck

Old 10-10-2013, 06:42 AM
Bri
Default Ok

Ok, I will check that out.
Thank You!

Old 10-10-2013, 09:05 AM
Super Moderator

If you're still having the issues later, I'll see what easy checks you can try. It probably will be a lot later today before I get a chance to respond, I will be busy for awhile.

But, try the multiplex reset again.

Old 10-10-2013, 06:10 PM
Super Moderator

The multiplex system has 3 multiplex control units: driver’s door multiplex control unit (mcu – located in driver’s door), driver side multiplex integrated control unit (micu, located in the driver side under-dash fuse box), and passenger side multiplex integrated control unit (micu, located in the passenger side fuse box). Part of the circuits for the power window and door locks runs through all or part of these control units.

This test is to check the ground wire connection coming from ground connector G401 to the driver’s door control unit.
Remove the master control panel from the armrest (See the service bulletin link for illustration, there are probably videos on the internet how to remove the panel too). Then unplug the 20-P light blue connector (see attached pics). At the 20-P light blue connector for the door multiplex control unit, attach a wire to cavity 12 (where the Black wire is) and ground it to the car’s metal chassis/body. With the connector plugged back in, try to operate the door lock from the driver’s side. Next, turn the ignition to ON and try to operate the other three windows from the master switch. If they work there may be a problem with the wiring connection with the Black ground wire coming ground G401.

If no change, there is a possibility the driver’s door multiplex control unit is faulty. Although this service bulletin was the 1998 Accord, it may also apply to your case. If you end up trying to replace that part, please check for the correct part number, as the part numbers in that bulletin may or may not be applicable to your model year and trim level.

Honda TSB 98-071

Attached Thumbnails Passenger windows & locks do not work!-6th-gen-accord-door-mcu.jpg   Passenger windows & locks do not work!-light-blue-20-p-connector.jpg  

Last edited by redbull-1; 10-10-2013 at 06:26 PM.