General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Mouse got me! Help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 01:29 PM
Default Mouse got me! Help!

Hi All! New here to the forum from VA... In desperate need of some help!

Car started running rough for no reason couple days ago, check engine light and all. Found out that a mouse had chewed through a set of pig tails (wires) down to the plastic plug to where I can not reconnect it. Bottom line looks like i need to find this pig tail some how. Ive been to several part stores showed them pics and they cant tell me what it is, or where to go. Any help would be much appreciated as this is my wife's car and has a job to go to everyday and this is creating issues. There are 4 of the plugs in a row, notice the one to the right chewed through. Holding the other plug up for example. 2007 Honda Accord 4cyl
Thanks in advance!

Old 10-10-2013, 02:27 PM
Almost A Senior Member

I think if anyone can help you they need bigger pictures, more pictures to identify exactly which wires are ripped. I can't tell from that picture. Have you been able to separate what's ripped from the main harness? Or is the wires coming off the harness ripped? I'm just trying to find out how much you have to replace. If it's a cut between two connectors on a single wire you can just pull the two halves off and replace that one wire that was cut in half. If it's a cut between one connector and the rest of the harness, I don't know what I would do. Probably replace the whole harness rather than do any repair work on it.

Wasn't this year supposed to have a engine cover? Was it off? Or did the mouse slip under and you took the cover off to find out why it was running rough? If you lost this cover I'd buy one to prevent this from happening again.

OEM Honda Parts & Honda Accessories - Bernardi Honda Parts and Accessories

Go to a dealer parts site like the one above, put in your correct car information and you'll get exploded diagrams of various sections of the car. You will probably find it there.

Old 10-10-2013, 02:42 PM

Yes there were two engine covers, one that covers the plugs/ coils and the other cover the wires/plugs the mouse ate. I removed them to discover the problem. The mouse ate the yellow wire down to the plastic connect to where i cant splice it or connect it thats the main issue. Trying to avoid replacing whole harness in fear is could cost a whole lot. Here is a side view of the plugs. Sorry for dirty engine these parts are normally under the engine cover.

This looks to be the harness....no part# or name listed for this! What to do now....

Attached Thumbnails Mouse got me! Help!-flgd34.jpg   Mouse got me! Help!-2h4b41u.jpg  

Last edited by Sonny; 10-10-2013 at 02:58 PM.
Old 10-10-2013, 04:51 PM
Super Moderator

Those are the connectors for the fuel injectors.

From your picture, looks like the wires for the No. 3 and No. 4 injectors are gnawed through to bare wire.

Last edited by redbull-1; 10-14-2013 at 12:59 AM.
Old 10-10-2013, 06:15 PM
Super Moderator

Honda also sell rodent deterrent tape to wrap around wiring. The tape is treated with capsaicin.

Old 10-10-2013, 08:56 PM

thanks so much...At least I can call around and ask for that specific plug for fuel injectors! Maybe junk yard....

Old 10-11-2013, 12:49 AM
Almost A Senior Member

That harness you put in your picture from the diagram, that's the one I thought was most likely when I was looking for the harness for you. There is a part number for that one, if you look at the picture you'll notice the top of the picture has a number 1 and the box it connects to surrounds almost the whole diagram. Look up number 1 on the table, you'll find it's somewhat expensive, I think that's the whole harness or at least it includes everything in the boxed region for that price.